May meet and greet Upper potomac river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May meet and greet Upper potomac river

Hopefully the Potomac will slow down in flow and stay there for good small mouth bass fishing. We have plans to float downriver from Brunswick to Point of Rocks where we will have transportation back to your cars upriver . I feel this is one of the prettiest and most productive fisheries on the upper Potomac . The float varies from 5 to 7 hrs dependent on how much you slow down to fish a spot a good spot and river flows.
    Fishing has been difficult lately do to extreme river flows and high water, hopefully mother nature will begin taking her her bipolar medication regularly from here on out.
    Anyone who wants to come before Saturday is welcome to come to my farm and camp . There is a place for bathroom and shower facilities . There will be a barbecue and picnic table available to cook food We are about 9 miles from the launch site for the morning on saturday.If you want to prefish you are welcome to stay and do so. If you will need transportation upriver I may be able to find someone to do that on Friday .
    As far as lunch ,I was wondering if everyone would be cool with coming back to my farm for a barbecue. We could do burgers ,dogs and chicken and whatever you would like to eat .

If you can please respond - if you would like to camp
    - if you would like to have a barbecue
    - if you plan to attend

Hope to see a bunch of you folks . Rich
    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

When in May?

Comment

Yes, I want to do it and Yes I want to Camp.
      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Yes! All of the above...attend, camp and BBQ.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

If it is still May 10th , I'm in for fishing and Bar B Que. Have not yet been on Upper P-Mac this year. The weather and conditions just haven't been decent when I could fish. I'm looking forward to it.
          Hurricane Skimmer 128
          WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Oh Yeah!
            That's my old stomping grounds. I grew up fishing the Potomac between Harper's Ferry and Swain's Lock.
            Count me in.
            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Sounds fun, when in May?

Comment

Spounds like alot of fun, for now count me in. Incase something comes up.. I may try and take the woman with me, we drifted the susky last year as her first time on an actual river and she love it. Is your farm located on the water? Or will we have to shuttle yaks from a launch and drop?
                Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

I'm in for fishing and the BBQ idea sounds great. Been looking forward to this one since doing it last year.

Rich, shouldn't this thread should be in the Main Forum. I'd imagine you will get a lot more response over there. Maybe one of the moderators can help get it moved.

Comment

It is may 10 th .My farm is on the monocacy river. The launch site on Saturday is 9 miles from my place and we will have a way of getting you back upriver after floating down stream .
                    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
                    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Count me in for both fishing and bbq. Sounds awesome, thanks!
                      Mike
                      Feelfree Lure 11.5
                      Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

i havent had any success making it to a M&G, seems like something always happens in the days approaching. However, if life settles down this is one i really want to get in on. I would also be interested in the camping option, Friday night...Rich, how much notice would you like from those who would like to take you up on your generous offer to camp at your farm? Regards - Wayne
                        Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

I am in. What is launch time and location?

Comment

I'm in! For: fishing, BBQ!
                            Last edited by Berto; 04-28-2014, 11:18 AM.
                            2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by monocacykayak View Post
                              we will have a way of getting you back upriver after floating down stream .
                              I have a trailer that can hold 4 kayaks or up to 6 with them on this sides up top. I can help ferry kayaks back up stream.
                              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Working...
                              X