Navionics Chips Part 2 - Chesapeake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navionics Chips Part 2 - Chesapeake

A good friend of mine thought he could help out and donated a Navionics Gold 2005 to me.
    Unfortunately its CompactFlash and my 386ci takes SD.

Assuming I can sell this on eBay, I took to the Navionics site to find out exactly which product I need to buy.

It appears that I need the Navionics+ SonarCharts. But of course, Navionics doesn't sell their products directly and they pushed me towards the closest dealer which is West Marine. Upon visiting their website I became confused all over again. Its like there's a cardboard box that they throw all the chips into and you're supposed to dig through the box to find the one you want. ...ugh...

Does anyone know exactly which Navionics product I need to get contour maps of the Chesapeake Bay for my Humminbird 386ci?
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

http://www.westmarine.com/electronic...card--14078133

That is the SD card version of Navionics+. I dug through the cardboard box a few weeks ago...

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

I was able to get my navionics+ at bass pro last year...Abumasgouf did the same...Arundel Mills

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

You need to find a Fish n chip ............ it's discontinued but it will give you the best detail on the market today unless you get the top end computer that will handle the Platnium.

Everything else will cost you more and give you less.

That said ........ the 1 for Lowrance by Lowrance gives great detail too ...... at least it did.

Go Buy a Fish n chip for the east coast

Comment

Hey Rick, navionics+ actually has fish n chips built into the chip. When you install the chip you can actually choose fish n chips from the mapping menu. They do not mention this on their website, they just push it as sonar charts. I had no idea until I used the chip for the first time.

2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Thanks everyone.... and for the link reel-em-in.
            ...but WOW... $180!!!

Back to eBay.... in the mean time I'll just use the Navionics app I bought last year... and try to figure out how to transfer waypoints there to my FF.
            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

You need to look at the navionics update chip for $100. I am pretty sure the cf version on gold is eligible for that. What that gives you is navionics + for less. But... only valid if your current chip has not been used already for an update. That will then include the fish n chip level as well.

Pat
              2014 Ascend FS12T SOT

Comment

Isn't the update chip a $100 per year?
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                  Isn't the update chip a $100 per year?
                  Correct, but if you don't need the most up to date info you don't have to update every year. I can't imagine things change that sigficanlty every year. Of course they change but it's not like a 20' hole is going to become a 10' or 30' hole over night. My thoughts are if it gets you to the general area you want to be you have the sonar to let you know real time whats going on. I doubt I'll update my chip after it "expires" at least for a few years.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                    Hey Rick, navionics+ actually has fish n chips built into the chip. When you install the chip you can actually choose fish n chips from the mapping menu. They do not mention this on their website, they just push it as sonar charts. I had no idea until I used the chip for the first time.

I guess they changed it. I bought mine 2 years ago and I had a long toalk with several people @ Navionics and they told me the only way to get it with updates was with the Platnium. Thanks for the info

Comment

I just got a Navionics MSD Us East. If interested let me know. I might sell it.

Mobile Phone

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

Memory maker, nav+ just came out last year. So relatively new.

Pat
                        2014 Ascend FS12T SOT

Comment

Working...
                        X