Help-need advice Re: car top rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help-need advice Re: car top rack

Newbie question: I have a 2011 Chevy Malibu and a ocean kayak trident 13. I'd really appreciate any advice on what rack system I should get for carrying my kayak on my car. I am planning on doing some traveling so I'd like to get something relatively stable and secure. Don't wanna spend money needlessly but not looking to do it on the cheap.

Been looking on various websites and am having a little trouble figuring out what a solid B+ set up would look like. Would really appreciate any direction from you guys. Thanks in advance-Sam

http://www.orsracksdirect.com/inno-i...ck-system.html

$273, free shipping for everything you'll need to safely & securely car top. That will get you the bars as well and a wind fairing. You can strap it to the bars (upside down) until you get a kayak carrier, should you decided to do so. I had an Inno rack on my old car. Worked great.
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

If you buy the kind of roof rack that MM recommended, make sure you have enough of a "ledge" with the proper angel for the clamp to grab onto. My 2004 Camry does not have enough ledge and none of the racks we tried could be cinched down enough to be secure. I just switched from using foam blocks to the Malone Handirack which is inflatable and has a strap that passes around the car top to secure them.

Good luck,

John
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
      X