Fish Finder "noise" and the Hobie transducer pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Finder "noise" and the Hobie transducer pocket

Quick question, how do you clear up the interference? Is it a matter of changing the settings in the menu, or are there air bubbles on/in the transducer and pocket/plate?

I have looked through some of the menus while on the water, but apparently it's not blatantly obvious enough for me. Here's some screen shots...I just figured out how to do those yesterday.

It's better when the water is deeper than 10 feet.

This is a tree, the trunk is laying on the bank and the rest of it is underwater. Pretty cool, just would like it to be more clear.

Manually changed the frequency and got on the peddles to run it up to speed. I think it would be much faster without Cowkid2 sitting on the nose hatch...lol

Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Lowering the sensitivity will cut out the clutter. Also depending on your unit, you may have some other settings that will affect it. Where is the transducer pocket located? If it's behind the drive, then yeah it might be air bubble interference.

Sent from my YakPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

The transducer pocket is just behind the seat.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

My experience with Lowrance HDI and DSI models:

Less than 10' surface clarity high
        10'-25' Surface clarity Medium
        25'-50' Surface clarity Low
        50'+ Surface clarity Off

I have owned the elite 4dsi, elite 5dsi and elite 5 hdi and this works with all of them. In my Revo I use a straight duct seal shoot through hull and on the PA I have the Lowrance pocket.
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

i had this same issue.. i cant remember exactly the setting but its inside the lowrance system it self.

I think i had to put it in advanced mode and take it out of some setting and into freshwater with auto sensitivity and fish ID.. and everything went normal right away
            Zach Moore
            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
            Bait Towel Pro Staff
            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I believe there's a you tube video on exactly how to set up your depth finder

Which is where i got the advanced mode for.. im about to do some more research, I bought a N avionics lake chip for mine and it doesn't read it at all.
              Zach Moore
              Bait Towel Pro Staff
              2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
                i had this same issue.. i cant remember exactly the setting but its inside the lowrance system it self.

I think i had to put it in advanced mode and take it out of some setting and into freshwater with auto sensitivity and fish ID.. and everything went normal right away
                Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can find the video and adjust the settings next outing.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
                  I believe there's a you tube video on exactly how to set up your depth finder

Which is where i got the advanced mode for.. im about to do some more research, I bought a N avionics lake chip for mine and it doesn't read it at all.
                  Did you change your map selection to read the navionics chip? Some units won't necessarily default to a chip. Also, is the lake you are on covered in the chip already or does it sill need sonar updates?

Pat
                  2014 Ascend FS12T SOT

Comment

Originally posted by Phoward View Post
                    Did you change your map selection to read the navionics chip? Some units won't necessarily default to a chip. Also, is the lake you are on covered in the chip already or does it sill need sonar updates?

Pat
                    Pat im not sure to be honest, I did select the chip set on map selection. So i think.
                    I was on tridelphia, and have been on centenial and havent seen anything different. It may need an update. I need to break down and read the directions.
                    Zach Moore
                    Bait Towel Pro Staff
                    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I've been looking on the Navonics website, and Tridelphia detail is no better than the default base map. There are only five or so lakes listed for Md coverage, Tridelphia and Rocky Gorge aren't on the list.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

i dont feel as bad then haha

ill have to check that list out
                        Zach Moore
                        Bait Towel Pro Staff
                        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

So, triadelphia is shoreline only and I don't think centennial is even covered. You can turn on your unit and look at pretty boy and see some lakes are indeed covered. The only way to get contours is when they are available via sonar updates however you can't get that on the lakes chip (pretty sure). Unfortunately you can't do the sonar updates from a lowrance unit to navionics even if you had an updatable chip.

Other options mean a new update chip but that relies on others posting sonar updates. Or using the Lowrance insight products... those can be used to a degree on the elite-7 so i am guessing the 5 and 4 will be added to the list. Not really much help I'm afraid but hopefully at least insightful...

Pat
                          2014 Ascend FS12T SOT

Comment

Working...
                          X