Your Kayak Rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Kayak Rigs

I know a lot of people would like to see and know what everyone runs as far as their kayak and accessories. I, a future kayak fisherman, would also like to see what people are running with. Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see any posts like this when I search for them so I think it would be nice to make a pinned topic where we all can see each others rigs with pictures and others can post so inexperienced future or current kayakers can see what others are running with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have a 2014 Hobie Outback, the only thing I've done to it so far is add a Lowrance Elite-4 HDI. I plan on putting some Scotty rod holders on later, they will be flush mount bases in the side trays.

What it looks like on the water with my wife at the helm and youngest daughter on the nose hatch.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I don't have any pics as I don't have a smart phone. That said, I have an Ocean Kayak with rudder and side mounted Minn Kota Endura Max 40 motor. I use a Humminbird 597 FF run off a 5AH SLA battery in the front hatch with the transducer located in the hull. I only carry two rods with one set up for jigging and one set up for trolling. I don't carry a milk crate or tackle box, just a stringer for the fish I am going to eat. If you show up at Jonas Green next Saturday morning you can see what it looks like.

Regards,

John
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

midfisherman,

I have a real aversion to drilling holes in my kayak.

I know I'm in the minority here.

I have no electronics and my only modification to my Revo has been to add two rod holder tubes that required no drilling.

I have modified a milk crate to carry two fly rods. I used lawn tool hangers from the hardware store to hold the rod handles in place. The butts of the rods go into holes on a wooden plate I inserted into the floor of crate. This system holds them fine. You can see what I did in the photo below. Subsequent to the photo I added two more normal rod holders to the back corners of the crate so that I can carry two spinning rods, two bait casters and the fly rods if I choose to do so. However, I rarely go out with that many rods.

A.jpg

I have never been pleased with the above arrangement. The crate is very cramped with the rods inside. I recently ordered a Black Pak which will give me more storage room and also allow me to add Scotty fly rod holders to the Pak without drilling into my boat.

Your topic is a good one and you'll get great ideas from the responders here. But before you do anything permanent to your kayak, fish with your boat a while to determine which modifications will best meet your fishing style. You'll find that your needs will evolve over time.

Welcome to the sport and to Snaggedline.

Mark
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          But before you do anything permanent to your kayak, fish with your boat a while to determine which modifications will best meet your fishing style. You'll find that your needs will evolve over time.
          ^^^Great advice^^^ I made the mistake of drilling into my first kayak before taking it to the water...I made a couple painful mistakes. You need to know for sure where your hands* need to before you mount anything.

*Especially if your primary propulsion is with a paddle.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Mdfisherman, I'm new here as well and new to kayak fishing. I've been on here only a few weeks and the folks have been very informative. I've learned lots just from asking and reading.

Welcome, and hope to see you out on the water!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
            Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

This shows the 2 Hobies, along with 2 Emotions (Stealth in yellow, Mojo in blue)
              kayaks temp2.jpg

This shows the camera mount I have on the yellow Revo:
              kayaks temp3.jpg

This is the Mojo with the console:
              Mojo cockpit view.jpg
              "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after"
              ~ Henry David Thoreau ~

Hobie Revolution (2)
              Emotion Mojo Angler

Member - Florida Outdoor Writers Association
              Paddle Fishing Articles
              Paddle_Fishing@Yahoo.com

Comment

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...+rigged+kayaks

I made this post awhile back, they should make a separate page strickly to show off each others rigs. Alot of car forums have that.
                image.jpgimage.jpg

Just upgraded my plug for my battery box two this screw on plug, my last plug water got behind it and corroded the connection.
                Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Here is a video of my motor rig progress part 1.

Jackson Cuda Black Widow

Comment

Part two.
                    Jackson Cuda Black Widow

Comment

https://db.tt/OALVYHqg

This is my Versa board. Its a kayak/stand up paddle board. Has a Lowrance fish finder, waterproof "glove compartment" and the standard milk crate arrangement.

Comment

I like the versa board setup!
                        Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                        -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                        -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Its nice to be able to stand up. Amazing how much you see.

Comment

Working...
                          X