No announcement yet.

Chain Bridge or Fletchers on 4/19/14?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tom for sharing the report, and all for the various information.

I followed in Toms footsteps and went today. First time fishing for shad and first time there. I actually spent most of time just below the giant slab. There were about ten others fishing there as well. I decided to go down to the actual bridge for the last ten minutes just to check it out. There were way more people there, including a guy with a bow! I didn't catch any of the targeted species, American or hickory , but I snag a bunch of gizzards. I only landed 3 of them, all foul hooked, but all still put up a great fight on light tackle.

I saw a lot of fish feeding on the surface, any idea what fish that might be? I'm also not free until the first weekend in May so I hope there is still some action there!

Comment

Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
      I saw a lot of fish feeding on the surface, any idea what fish that might be? I'm also not free until the first weekend in May so I hope there is still some action there!
      fire - Was this surface activity made by smallish fish or huge splashy boils made by large fish in the 10-30 pound range?
      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Originally posted by HJS View Post
        fire - Was this surface activity made by smallish fish or huge splashy boils made by large fish in the 10-30 pound range?
        They were a bit splash, but not so much boils. I couldn't get a good look on the fish, but I dont think they were in the 10-30lb range, maybe closer to the size of the shad.

Comment

Working...
        X