Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever used the Malone Handirack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever used the Malone Handirack?

I currently use the grey foam blocks when I car top on my Camry. I tried custom rails but they would not stay on securely. I met a new yakker at JG park last weekend and he had the Malone Handirack on his small sedan. It looks like a better setup than the foam and there is a guy selling blems for $75 and free shipping on fleabay.

John
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Yes, I had that system when I first got my Torque. It works...but I didn't like it. I returned it after a couple of uses in favor of a more secure, permanent roof rack system. The straps run through the inside of the car. When it rained, water would wick through the straps and drip at the lowest point (which was inside the car). The pump that is supplied with the system was pretty flimsy. If I can recall correctly, the pump broke after two uses. Others on different forums have had success. It is better than nothing, and is completely portable though.
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

On a side note, I really miss gutter rails on cars.
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
        On a side note, I really miss gutter rails on cars.
        You're dating your self. I used to cartop a Laser on my '76 Monti Carlo because it had gutter rails and the roof rack had a solid attachment. No such luck on my 2004 Camry.

I think I will go for it.

John
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Working...
        X