Susquehanna Jamboree April 11-13, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna Jamboree April 11-13, 2014

The Jamboree was fun for my first time. I wish the fishing was better, but the company made up for it. The Susquehanna State Park was a nice park to pitch a tent and hang out. It was complete with bathrooms and showers. I know I did not stay in a tent.... instead, I was invited to stay in Coop1486's motor home. The motor home was comfortable and several Snaggedliners came by and had dinner Friday afternoon with us and we hung out in motor home for a few hours in the evening. We had fun since we were celebrating Coop1486's pending birthday. All I can say is that Friday night we ate like kings. We had fresh corn, fried shrimp and oysters, fried lobster tails, crab cakes, fried mushrooms, asparagus, Scallops, and Caribbean Stuffed Crab Shells (a Crab Whisper's specialty). This was not the typical capping food, but like Metroman says "That's How We Do" ..

Coop and I launched from the Perryville Park Launch. Our GPS got us lost going there, but we figured it out in the end. Due to the running around, we did not get on the water until 10am and came back to shore by 2pm. Armed with X-Raps, jig heads, worms, chicken breast, and chicken livers, we could not muster a bite. After getting back to camp, we headed over in to the dinner and raffles at the pavilion. It was nice seeing some of the anglers who did manage to catch a fish were guys that I knew. Dinner was good with pull pork, and baked chicken with slaw, cookies and drinks. Coop and I stayed at the camp until Sunday. We got a chance to walk around and talk to a few kayakers before leaving.
    Attached Files

Moc it was nice meeting you!
    2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Hopefully we can catch fish and cooked them in the future, stay in touch.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by moc; 04-15-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

what kind of fish were those on the grill
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
          Hopefully we can catch fish and cooked them in the future, stay in touch.
          Definitely!!

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
            what kind of fish were those on the grill
            They were golden trout. I caught them last weekend.

Here are some rainbow trout that I grilled that night too.
            Susquehanna Jamboree 4.18.jpg
            Last edited by Berto; 04-15-2014, 04:11 PM.

Comment

LMAO hey Moc wassup its Dee I just seen my pic and ran and grab my 14 y old daughter like look look its me and all the people I met lol now i'm waiting for her mom to get home and do the same like a big kid. This is my 2nd jamboree and it always the coolest people. Man im glad I ran into you and coop the night before I left, it was the best sitting there kicking it you guys and meeting all the snaggedline fellows that came over, man coops motor home was awesome. Funny thing when I left you guys the gate was closed I went and parked thinking I was going to have to sleep in my truck man I was upset then I ask someone and they said just open it then went back and the thing was open I was glad to get to my hotel and sleep

Comment

Originally posted by Berto View Post
                They were golden trout. I caught them last weekend.

Here are some rainbow trout that I grilled that night too.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]11441[/ATTACH]
                What was in the pot? It looks like rice in plastic baggies.

Comment

Originally posted by kayak Dee View Post
                  LMAO hey Moc wassup its Dee I just seen my pic and ran and grab my 14 y old daughter like look look its me and all the people I met lol now i'm waiting for her mom to get home and do the same like a big kid. This is my 2nd jamboree and it always the coolest people. Man im glad I ran into you and coop the night before I left, it was the best sitting there kicking it you guys and meeting all the snaggedline fellows that came over, man coops motor home was awesome. Funny thing when I left you guys the gate was closed I went and parked thinking I was going to have to sleep in my truck man I was upset then I ask someone and they said just open it then went back and the thing was open I was glad to get to my hotel and sleep
                  It was good meeting you, hopefully we can hook up at sometime and fish like Coop suggested. You can always send us a PM and stay in touch. It was fun hanging around talking with an adult beverage.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by moc; 04-15-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Who caught the big fish?

Comment

Moc and Coop, that dinner was amazing! Thanks for inviting us in to partake! I had a blast at the event and enjoyed hanging with all the Snaggedline folks as well as the northern tribe! I'm ready for jbay!
                      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Looked like a great time and a great turn out too.
                        I have yet to make it to the jamboree or even any of the meet & greets but hope to get out more this year and finally meet some of the members here.
                        Only thing missing from that feast was some big thick steaks
                        2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                        2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Had great time even though the fishing wasn't good for me.Sure was nice meeting new snaggedliner and getting to know some of the older ones.I enjoyed the guys stopping over to hangout.I take my hat off to Moc pre birthday dinner for me and i was glad to share with others.
                          2012 hobie outback
                          2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Hey there coop I created my account like you and moc said, wow I see the pics of those shrimp and lobster tails you guys were talking about Daaaaamn lol and the pics came out nice. Didn't catch fish but had a good time im ready for jbay now. To all you snaggedline fellows it was good to meet you

Comment

Working...
                            X