Tridelphia Outing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tridelphia Outing

Took GoodyJr out for his maiden voyage on his own kayak. He paddle across the reservoir to opposite side and tried to figure out how to fish. He did really well and lasted longer than I anticipated. Overall he enjoyed it and was exhausted within a couple of hours. I managed to catch a 19-20" bass and he almosted caught one but it got off.
    Attached Files

Outback 2015
    Maui

Congrats Paul...he looks like a mini Goody! Was that a smallie?
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I think it was. But it's pretty big. Do smallies get that big?

Mobile Phone

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

Awesome job Paul, it's great to take the kids out. Nice fish!
        2014 Hobie Dune Outback
        2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
        Rob

Comment

Nice outing! Congrats to you and Goody Jr.

Originally posted by Goody View Post
          I think it was. But it's pretty big. Do smallies get that big?

Mobile Phone
          Do you have a better picture? The color/marking looks like a smallmouth (SMB), but the picture is very blurry. They definitely get that big, although not as common as the LMB.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Looks like a smallmouth to me. I spent all day Friday on Tridelphia with 5 fish. 2 nice smallies and 3 nice largemouths. What did you catch that one on? I was fishing jerk baits.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

That's all the pictures that I managed to get.

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
              Nice outing! Congrats to you and Goody Jr.

Do you have a better picture? The color/marking looks like a smallmouth (SMB), but the picture is very blurry. They definitely get that big, although not as common as the LMB.

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

Caught it on a red and chartreuse road runner. Sort of surprised that this thing went for the little roadrunner. I also ran out of battery on my fishfinder. Couldn't figure out why it was behaving funny. Looks like the elite 5 sucks more juice than the elite 4 I had.

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                Looks like a smallmouth to me. I spent all day Friday on Tridelphia with 5 fish. 2 nice smallies and 3 nice largemouths. What did you catch that one on? I was fishing jerk baits.

Outback 2015
                Maui

Comment

My Elite-4 HDI decided to randomly turn off once yesterday and twice today. It's only been used those two days, and the battery ($25 BPS/12vdc/7amp hour) is new as well. I haven't charged it yet (since picking it up off the shelf), it reads 12.45 vdc on the multimeter (don't have a way to see what the amp/charge level is)...would a low charge be the culprit? We've had it on the water for over 12 hours total in the last two days. I'll put it on the charger before we head out again, I was actually trying to drain the battery and se how long it lasts since it's new.

After it turned off, powering it back on seemed to be normal and it stayed on each time...except that second power off today; but it stayed on the rest of the day after that too.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

I hooked up the battery charger and checked the voltage and remaining charge. The voltage was 11.? and it only had 10% charge left. Based on my experience, I would say that your problem stems from the same thing.

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                    My Elite-4 HDI decided to randomly turn off once yesterday and twice today. It's only been used those two days, and the battery ($25 BPS/12vdc/7amp hour) is new as well. I haven't charged it yet (since picking it up off the shelf), it reads 12.45 vdc on the multimeter (don't have a way to see what the amp/charge level is)...would a low charge be the culprit? We've had it on the water for over 12 hours total in the last two days. I'll put it on the charger before we head out again, I was actually trying to drain the battery and se how long it lasts since it's new.

After it turned off, powering it back on seemed to be normal and it stayed on each time...except that second power off today; but it stayed on the rest of the day after that too.

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Nice smallmouth from my home water. It's been about 5 years since I caught my last smallmouth at Triadelphia.

Comment

sweet
                        Goody Jr is well on his way. Got himself a nice yak and christened it with a nice lunker.

Excellent!
                        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
                        X