Weems Creek 3/18/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weems Creek 3/18/2011

Foursteps24 (Foster) and myself went up to Weems Creek for try to locate some perch that were reported to be moving into the creeks of the Severn River. We met at a McDonalds on Route 50 in Bowie at 7:30am and followed each other to the Weems Creek boat launch, but not before we make a pit stop at Anglers for some grass shrimp. We were on the water before 9am. The weather was great. The winds ranged from 8 mph to 13 mph. The temperature by the end of the day would reach 80 degrees. What a wonderful day, and that was it for the good news. We fished the lower parts of Weems Creek with spinners, shad darts and bottom rigs with grass shrimp and night crawlers. We did not encounter a single fish. My fish finder showed that the creek was devoid of and fish in our area. I did mark one here and there. We fished the Route 450 bridge pilings and the docks on the Severn on the way up to Jonas Green Park. We beached at the park for a stretch and spoke to some anglers on the pier who said that they did not catch anything either. By this time MightyMouse (James) and GradyBlack (Mike) arrived after 1pm and began fishing the upper sections of Weems Creek. I paddled up and joined them and Foster decided to call it quits and head home to catch a basketball game. Mike and James said that there was no fish to be had on their hunt, so after a few more fishing attempts we headed back to the ramp. The weather was beautiful and the company was great. It was too bad that the fish did not want to cooperate. And to top it off, make a note that on March 18, 2011 MOC was finally skunked on the water. I have never been skunked until now. Oh well, there is a first time for everything, I now Bill must smiling right now since we had a conversation about that the last time we fished together......
    Attached Files

I had a great time out there today. No fish but at the same time NO WORK . That is self explanatory. The perch will be there soon . Look firwsrd to getting back out in the near future...........now back to the NCAA Tournament.........

Comment

sorry to hear that you guys were skunked. go to spsp and take a rockfish ride. i can only imagin what the fight would have been with the cow i cought today from a yak woohoo. my okuma advenger abf 5000 was singing and for a while she did what she wanted

Comment

So glad you posted this because I was thinking of trying somewhere in the Severn tomorrow. Guess it's back to the Magothy again!
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
          So glad you posted this because I was thinking of trying somewhere in the Severn tomorrow. Guess it's back to the Magothy again!
          I was not sure but I am thinking of trying somewhere tomorrow. I just need to figure out where my best chance it is to catch fish.

Comment

I had a brief trip after work today and had my first skunk on the yak. I think it was at least my 12th trip so I guess that's pretty good. I was in northern loch raven hoping for pike. I need redemption tomorrow!
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

ps sorry for jacking the thread
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Dang Moc ....... you look like a yak model ....... .color coordinated with the yak and everything .......... well ...... gotta look good even if the fish don't cooperate ... shoot .... now we all have to go out and get coordinated outfits .....

Comment

No fish, but a GREAT time, and a good paddle!! I'm feeling it this morning! Lol
                  Thanks for the pics Moc.
                  GB

Comment

Thanks for the report, gents. Sorry to hear about the end of your skunk-free streak, Martin.

I've been trying to decide where to go this weekend. Guess I'll scratch the Severn off the list.
                    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by shadyfisher85 View Post
                      I had a brief trip after work today and had my first skunk on the yak. I think it was at least my 12th trip so I guess that's pretty good. I was in northern loch raven hoping for pike. I need redemption tomorrow!
                      You know loch raven doesnt open till april 1. There are so many hikers around there i wouldnt risk splashing my boat preseason they will report you to
                      Dnr. They just recently let you fish from kayaks at loch raven so
                      Dont be a bonehead and ruin it for the rest of us.
                      Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Yeah it was a great day on the water... just wish the fish would have co-operated! Nice meeting you Moc!

MYT

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                          Thanks for the report, gents. Sorry to hear about the end of your skunk-free streak, Martin.

I've been trying to decide where to go this weekend. Guess I'll scratch the Severn off the list.
                          Bill, Woody posted that he killed them in Brewers creek in the severn so dont scratch it off yet some were even caught off spsp this weekend.

i think its martins snappy attire that helps him catch fish
                          Last edited by surfdog; 03-19-2011, 08:06 PM. Reason: here one minute gone the next

Comment

Im been fishing the area that I was in for years, don't worry there is light foot traffic...
                            Ryan
                            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                            X