No announcement yet.

March fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at this time of year with the cold water and the spawn comming up they seem to want small meals smothing to do with not digesting large bait when cold. in warmer months they eat larger fish that were caught with bws but now the are eating bws on the bottom. they must be able to smell them because the water is very murky right now. i add a small piece of fast acting fishbites bw on the hook 5/0-7/0 ch to give the presntation a little more sent after the bw wash out

pulled in a few more this morning dink to 22" and a nice 32" plus some monster stick fish floating out on low tide. post pic. later
    Last edited by surfdog; 03-20-2011, 03:35 PM. Reason: two sheets to the wind

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
      at this time of year with the cold water and the spawn comming up they seem to want small meals smothing to do with not digesting large bait when cold. in warmer months they eat larger fish that were caught with bws but now the are eating bws on the bottom. they must be able to smell them because the water is very murky right now. i add a small piece of fast acting fishbites bw on the hook 5/0-7/0 ch to give the presntation a little more sent after the bw wash out

pulled in a few more this morning dink to 22" and a nice 32" plus some monster stick fish floating out on low tide. post pic. later
      Sorry guy .....gotta disagree .......... right now you can catch giants trolling Bunker spoons, parachutes etc ......... as long as the bunker, shad and herring are around they will chase them ......... bloodworms are good for stripers any time of year ..........

Comment

thats the deal the bunker arent around right now. even at the end of may when the red worm hatch is on the rock fish catch drops off for the trollers because they are feeding on the worms. i see people out there using spot and frozen bunker now and they are going home skunked

Comment

i dont know about you guys but im going for a different species every month. i got 5 brooke trout for my march fish/species at an undisclosed trib of the upper gunpowder. jan- brown trout (not poop rick..) feb-yellow perch mar-brookey who knows what it will be in april. there is so much good fishing to look forward to.
          Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Nice fish. If the weather looks good i might take the yak there on Thursday and try my luck trolling and drifting some bloods.

How was the tide running when you had the best luck?

Comment

believe it or not it was on the falling tide towards the end, a lot of debris in the water the stick fish were biting pretty good

Comment

Working...
              X