Mattawoman 4/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman 4/9

Decided to hit Mattawoman Creek for the first outing of 2014. If this hadn't been the first outing of the year, I would have turned back after an hour or two. Murky water, chilly and the wind was whipping out there. Couldnt get anything to strike on spinnerbaits or plastics but I did get a few strikes on topwater frogs. All my hits were about 20 yards from the dead weed line and in about 1.5' of water. I was able to land one.....a success for the first outing of the season. If this was a month from now it would have been an epic failure.

Matt

20140409_190127.jpg20140409_190138.jpg

that's a solid largemouth to start the season off
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Good job. You beat me. I went out Saturday evening and got skunked.

Comment

the fact you had hits on a frog in 45 degree water temps is the real story here.

the bass are beding in mattawomen right now... guess you ran that frog right over top their bed
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I agree, bassmore. I certainly didnt go expecting any top water action. Another surprise was the amount of bass jumping out of the water...which is the reason I decided to tie on a frog. I spoke to another angler back at the boat ramp and he was commenting on the amount of bass jumping. It was a lucky strike that saved me from being skunked!

Comment

no thats awesome, means the fish are turning on quicker then normal. which could lead to them exploding on every lure here very soon.

these next couple warm days should really get the ball rolling
            Zach Moore
            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
            Bait Towel Pro Staff
            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I was fishing a small lake in central MD Wednesday and again today with a square bill crankbait. I used a very slow retrieve at first but when the lure was about 10 feet away I reeled in fast to make my next cast and a largemouth hit it as soon as it picked up speed. I started fishing it closer to shore and faster and the action was awesome. I got nearly 20 bass in 2 hours this morning. Nothing huge, all 12-14", but fun. They're definitely acting like the water is warmer than it is.
              Mike
              Mike
              Feelfree Lure 11.5
              Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Working...
              X