Kayak Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Seat

It's been a while since I've made a post but with the fishing 'season' approaching us I really want to replace the seat I have now. The seat itself when I bought it (Demo Trident 13) was really poor to begin with seeing as one of the rods that keeps its form fell out and the padding is next to nonexistent (but that is to be expected). Anyway I am looking for a comfortable seat that is around the $100 dollar range or lower if possible to replace my current factory seat. Any recommendations?
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

About twice the price is the expedition seat which I decided to buy about a year ago. With all the time I spent on the water, my back would kill me and my legs would go numb. I don't have any issues anymore after getting the seat. It sounds really pricey, but I can vouch for it. I've only used the standard hobie seat otherwise and that wasn't really sufficient for all day trips for me.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Sea to summit GTS pro-is a seat a bunch of folks are using to upgrade for the trident. A little above you price point tho...
      John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
      Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm actually in the same boat as you Minh. Trident default seat doesn't have much padding at all. I'm looking at Surf to Summit seat but it's quite expensive. The other option is this one from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Crack-Dawn-Ape...rds=kayak+seat

Comment

West Marine...at least the one in Golden Ring has a couple levels of seats. You can check them out. The difference seems to be how thick they are. Mine is about 2-3" thick. The one below is about an inch thinner. The foam is not soft which is surprising. It's pretty stiff but i guess that's what's the right thing. It's hard to tell how effective they are unless you use one for a day.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

I actually use a inflatable hunting "seat pad" under my factory O.K. seat, which definitely helps but I'm still sore after a long day. Got it in the hunting/tree stand section at gander mountain sports...btw, I think west marine has the gts pro seat. It's not labeled as such but looks exactly the same. See Rob Choi's posts on angling addict about all things related to the trident set up. I think he lives in his yak
            John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
            Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Not really what your asking but in my outback my butt would get numb and sore after a few hours and i thought about buying a newer expensive seat. I picked up the yellow skwoosh gel pad to go under my seat and was amazed at the difference it made. All day trips are no problem now.
              2013 PRO ANGLER 12
              2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Man I switched over to the Skwoosh Big Catch seat. you would be surprised at the comfort when you see the slim profile of the gel seat. But man on man what a difference it makes!! It's VERY comfortable. I can sit in my yak ALL day with no issue. Paddin for paddlin'! LOL I also contacted them to get the Big catch without the tackle boxes because I liked the rod holders. I contacted them about it and they gave me a code for 10% off. So if you like the rod holders, I'd ask them about it. It looks like they all use the same padding too. Check em out: http://www.skwoosh.com/category/kayak-fishing.html

Comment

+1 for Skwoosh Big Catch. Comfort, rod holders, tackle boxes.
                  <insert witty comment here>

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Creek-S-...ds=kayak+seats

Just got this from amazon, very comfortable have no complaints, and its in your price range with free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                      About twice the price is the expedition seat which I decided to buy about a year ago.
                      Would that be the Skwoosh Expedition or the Surf to Summit Expedition?
                      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

You can buy a Skwoosh pad for yak that you can attach to your existing seat. I have one on the yak and one in the car and they keep my left leg from going numb. ( right leg doesn't have that problem. They are very comfortable and relatively cheap.

Regards,

John
                        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Someone has to say it.... for around $2900.00 you can get a Hobie advantage seat. Comes with a free PA 12 thrown in.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                            http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Creek-S-...ds=kayak+seats

Just got this from amazon, very comfortable have no complaints, and its in your price range with free shipping.
                            I have had one of these for years....comfy but does not fit my new malibu Stealth, My wife has the ascend seat...cheap, well padded, nice back, about $50
                            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I believe its actually called Surf to Summit Expedition pro seat. I paid $200 for mine and it helped my sore and stiff back issues until I got a seat at a TTournament raffle prize. The name escapes me but it has a rod holder on either side of it and a storage area behind the seat. Its black and yellow... Someone help me out here... That became my favorite and most comfortable yak seat ever!!
                              Tom Brown
                              Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                              2012 Hobie PA 14'
                              Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                              2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
                              X