CCNPP bite is hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCNPP bite is hot

The bite at the Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant is hot. Get out there with your kayak while the gettin's good. It's not easy or safe, so be forewarned.

Or, call Walleye Pete. He's got 3 spots on his boat tomorrow morning (some people cancelled). I'll be on that boat.

http://walleyepete.com/
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

As chex said, the gettin's good, or was good. Was there Sunday am with Pete. Did pretty good but the bite is already getting variable. Pete is moving north next week.

Comment

Fished it last Monday in the kayak. Caught fish about every cast but they were only 15" or so. Was fishing in the evening so that might have been why. Thinking I might try tomorrow morning, anyone interested?

Comment

Originally posted by chex View Post
        The bite at the Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant is hot. Get out there with your kayak while the gettin's good. It's not easy or safe, so be forewarned.

Or, call Walleye Pete. He's got 3 spots on his boat tomorrow morning (some people cancelled). I'll be on that boat.

http://walleyepete.com/
        I would have jumped in with you on that trip Chex, but I read this too late....next time...

Comment

Don't want to be in the kayak alone tomorrow so I gave Pete a call. See you in the morning Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ES Fisherman View Post
            Don't want to be in the kayak alone tomorrow so I gave Pete a call. See you in the morning Mike
            nice!
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback

Comment

Brave souls fishing that area from the kayak. How did you guys do with Pete today?
              Jason

Comment

Great. We probably caught 100 fish between the 4 of us. Many of them were big. Biggest was 40". Several in the mid-upper-30s.
                Mike S.
                Hobie Outback

Comment

Sooooo, where are the pictures ?

Comment

Originally posted by gkreps View Post
                    Sooooo, where are the pictures ?
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

I think I saw them on Petes Facebook page.
                      Jason

Comment

I caught a 40 3 days ago from shore. My friend got a 41

The next day we caught 2 more

Comment

where do ya'll put-in when kayak fishing the WWD
                          Jackson
                          Jackson Cuda 12
                          Field and Stream SOT
                          "It is often beyond our reach to describe to others the effect upon the soul that the fellowship of men upon a river, rod in hand, brings." John Eldredge

Comment

The closest launch I know of is Flag Ponds Nature Park. Puts you in the Bay about 3/4 mile north of the power plant.

If you are heading south on Rt 4, Flag Ponds Pkwy is 2.9 miles past Ball Rd., St. Leonard.
                            If you're heading north on Rt 4, its 0.8 miles past the main entrance to the power plant.

After you park you have at least a half mile drag down to the beach. Can be a bit of workout, especially the return trip.
                            Here's a video Jeff Little posted from spring of 2013.
                            http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...8289#post58289

FlagPondsLaunch.jpg
                            Last edited by buzz; 12-02-2014, 12:27 PM. Reason: added picture
                            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I have read about the area in the past, but can't remember the issues. What is it about that area that makes it not so safe for kayaking?

Inquiring mind here.
                              Laura (aka zeebyrd)
                              Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Working...
                              X