New Yak'er

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yak'er

So, I'm new to the kayak scene... I just got a relatively new Redfish 12 Angler on a trade this weekend. I'm big on catching blue cats (or any cats), but also enjoy targeting LMB, SMB, rockfish, etc... Can you guys/gals offer any advise to a new kayaker specifically surrounding fishing? I plan on my first time out to be in a pond/lake (Myrtle Grove/Wheatly) before I venture out into the Potomac or any of its tributaries. I'm happy to have found this site as it looks like a great forum for the DMV area for a newbie and experienced alike!

Oh, and I'd like to hear from anyone with experience with the Redfish 12 Angler. Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Congratulations. The Heritage line was taken over by Native Watercraft a few years ago -- I have never seen a Redfish with the Heritage decals before. This is the last year that Native plans to make the Redfish model. Soon your new kayak will be a collector's item. You may want to check out http://www.nativeownersgroup.com/forum.php. That board has an entire forum set up for posts on the Redfish.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      Congratulations. The Heritage line was taken over by Native Watercraft a few years ago -- I have never seen a Redfish with the Heritage decals before. This is the last year that Native plans to make the Redfish model. Soon your new kayak will be a collector's item. You may want to check out http://www.nativeownersgroup.com/forum.php. That board has an entire forum set up for posts on the Redfish.
      Thanks John! I'll definitely talk to some folks on that forum.
      Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

Welcome to Snaggedline and congrats on your new yak.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks Mark.
          Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

Nice kayak, Whiskerfish. I am going out to Wheatley today to launch my new kayak for the first time. If I see you I'll introduce myself.
            Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
            Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
              Nice kayak, Whiskerfish. I am going out to Wheatley today to launch my new kayak for the first time. If I see you I'll introduce myself.
              Wish I could have made it our there today, Peggy. How did everything go with the new kayak?
              Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

Sweet Kayak! Hope to see you out on the water.
                Hobie Pro Angler 14 Yellow

"Only two sailors, in my experience, never ran aground. One never left port and the other was an atrocious liar"

Comment

Originally posted by h20resq420 View Post
                  Sweet Kayak! Hope to see you out on the water.
                  Thanks! Same to you.
                  Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

Working...
                  X