Digital waterproof cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
    I have a small Sony camera that I use in a divers case. That works good. Sony also makes a case for the waterproof camera, so that it can be used for diving. The small splash proof camers fits in my shirt pocket, much better. When I am fishing, I don't have much time for photography. That is like mixing two interests at once. Then I don't do either 100%. Its like fishing and beer drinking; Whoa now, thats 200%. One enhances the other. Of course my pictures of the fish come out a little blurry.
    ........ and if you fish, film and drink, that's 500% because you just video'd your drunken self for the police and you tube ....

Comment

Like Kevin, I have only used Olympus Digital Cameras. My current one is water proof and shockproof....freeze proof too. The model that currently have is the Olympus Stylus Tough 8010. It has a 5x optical zoom and it can take 720P videos that look real good. So much so, that I do not use my Sony Mini DV Camera anymore, or rarely. I do not take underwater pictures, but i got the camera so if I turtle, then I do not have to worry about my camera failing. Also this model does not require the SD card to be a special card made for Olympus like the older models required.

Comment

I have the Olympus stylus for stills and I recently got a playsport for videos. I need to make a mount for it now! I deleted iMovie on my Mac to save space and I need an easy way to join clips, anyone have something cross-platform?

I have a really riveting segment of clips of me getting skunked in a torrential downpour 2 weekends ago at smith mountain lake...
        Last edited by Redfish12; 03-17-2011, 01:24 PM.
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

........ I'm not looking for the stills ...... I have a Droid for that ...... I'm interested in the video ......... want something w/a remote to start and stop the recording and a lcd display so I mount it on a pole and can center the video clips ......... water proof and shock resistant and HD ......... plenty of the new ones have everything but the remote ....

I have 1 that fits the description above w/o HD but it will be used for head cam and underwater clips .........

Comment

Fuji waterproof xp10. thing cost $99, has a 5x zoom, 5 foot drop (shock). 10 foot waterproofing,doesn't fog and takes great pictures/vids.There are plenty of decent reviews floating around the web and amazon. Don't over-think it or you will end up spending $400 on a camera for your goofy fishing shots. Remember you ain't a photographer for Saltwater Mag or Jetskibrian for that matter, you just want great shots to show your wife so she stops thinking your having an affair on the weekends, and for your buddies as proof.
            my too stinky scents
            Jay

10' Green Slayer
            13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
              Fuji waterproof xp10. thing cost $99, has a 5x zoom, 5 foot drop (shock). 10 foot waterproofing,doesn't fog and takes great pictures/vids.There are plenty of decent reviews floating around the web and amazon. Don't over-think it or you will end up spending $400 on a camera for your goofy fishing shots. Remember you ain't a photographer for Saltwater Mag or Jetskibrian for that matter, you just want great shots to show your wife so she stops thinking your having an affair on the weekends, and for your buddies as proof.
              my too stinky scents
              Thanks- this is what I was looking for- I have a high end Panasonic digital that I absolutely love, so i don't want to spend the same kind of money on a waterproof digital-
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I use a Canon D10; completely waterproof to 30'. Good pics, haven't used it for video yet. Shockproof, too, and 12 Mp.
                " All who wander are not lost"

Comment

Working...
                X