Croaker and white perch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croaker and white perch?

When do the croaker and white perch generally arrive in the Severn around Annapolis?

Originally posted by Mmacro View Post
    When do the croaker and white perch generally arrive in the Severn around Annapolis?
    I'd say about mid July for croaker. White perch come earlier and stay longer.bites should start soon
    The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

During the last two years, the perch have moved into the shallow water shoreline spots during the first or second week of May (on both years I checked weekly during April and was unable to find them). I don't know if the cold winter will delay their arrival at all. They remain abundant until late Oct/early Nov when they depart again.

Croaker and spot will be later --I don't fish for them much in the river so do not have a good date estimate. I find them in the bay at Hacketts and Tollys bars (outside the mouth of the Severn) as early as Memorial Day, but in larger numbers by mid-June.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Croaker=late April early may

White perch= now, already catching selby in selby bay.

Comment

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
          Croaker=late April early may

White perch= now, already catching selby in selby bay.
          This is the typical trend I have experienced for these species in the Annapolis area.
          2014 Hobie Pro Angler
          2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

Give the Bay a few days of warm weather and sunny skies and the first croakers usually show up around PLO about now- in a couple of weeks they will be around- white perch are here and so are the stripers
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
            X