Tenkara Fishing Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenkara Fishing Rod

Purchased one of these today, rod extends from 20 inches to over 19 feet (540 cm). Thought it might work good fishing the Tuckahoe where there are many overhanging branches, with a 19' reach can set the fly/worm exactly where I want. Also fits very well in a kayak.

Actually it is a fishing pole since it has no guides or reel.

http://www.allfishingbuy.com/Tenkara-Rods.htm

Cool

I went to the Big Island of Hawaii last year and lots of the locals fish the chunky lava rocks from shore with these types of rods. They even sold them at Walmart and they were amazingly cheap there. The Walmart ones were probably some cheap brand, but they were interesting. I almost bought one there to bring back home on the plane. So how much does one of these rods cost? Definitely let us know how you make out with it.

Comment

With 19' long, if I read that right, it should be good for putting a bait right in an area with crappie. This should be the time of year for that sort of thing. Tuckahoe lake should be good for that type fishing. I don't know about the fishing pressure these days, but Tuckahoe used to have some good crappie fishing. Sometime it would take quite some time to find them, but when you did, they would be stacked up. With all the fishing pressure that small lake gets, I have always been amazed at how good the fishing is. It must be all the area for the fish to hide, in the back section of the lake.

Comment

Working...
      X