the dark side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the dark side

Well after several years I've finally come over to "The Dark Side" and put my security deposit on my first Hobie. I bought a Pro Angler 14 in Yellow. Its the older model but still NEW!!! I will take delivery in a couple weeks thanks to Dennis at BYB's working with me. I get my settlement in a couple weeks and Dennis being the good guy he is agreed to let me purchase it this way. If anyone has any hard wheeled Hobie carts for sale "used" Im in the market for one. I have wanted this Kayak since Daddy G first let me sit in his several years ago. I know its gonna be heavy but with a winch in the back of my P/U I think I can do it with a cart. I'm PUMPED.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Congrats! Dennis said he's sold a lot of Pro Anglers this year.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Congratulations! I joined the dark side just before Christmas. I have yet to get her in the water, but moving around on land and loading/unloading from my pickup is a breeze. The pivot point is well placed and I feel like I could drag the boat a long way. I'd say it is way easier to load than my old SINK on a homemade cart.

I see you're from the Park, too. Whereabouts?
      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Congrats Bro! Very happy for you!
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Awesome. Congrats. Everyone should own one. That way I can find them used cheaper
          Hobie Outback
          Stand Up Paddle Board
          Pelican 100

Comment

Hey, the dark side is becoming the lighter side. Glad you got it Tom.

Comment

Welcome to the Yak Yacht .......... don't forget the Capt's hat and ascot .......

Comment

Congratulations Tom!!
                2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Enjoy!!
                  Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                  3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Congrats! You went all in I see.

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Thanks guys... I know the dark side is getting lighter... thinner... as many are going with lighter and less expensive yaks. I hesitated briefly but oddly enough I went with this 100+lb yak because as many of you kbow I have a poor upper back muscle issue and this is the only peddle yak that I could both afford and be comfortable in. I'm not gonna need to be towed in any more due to wearing myself out from battling the winds and current by Daddy G or anyone else, lol... I cant wait to getter wet.
                      Im keeping the Ocean Trident and perhaps selling the basspro 12ft sot I started this adventure with several years ago. See yall on the water soon
                      Tom Brown
                      Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                      2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
                      X