No announcement yet.

Rigging a Prowler 13 Angler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice, the weather only gets better even though they are calling for snow on friday

Comment

I spoke to Hummingbird customer service and they don't make the plastic scupper transducer for any of the down imaging products so I am going to have to use the internal hull duct seal method for the 570, but what the heck? It is no big deal. I did get lucky on the Trident battery bag- for 16 bucks (shipping included) Ocean Kayaks is shipping me the bag and all mounting hardware.

My job requires me to fly down to New Orleans Thursday and I fly home Sunday, so I won't be able to work on the Prowler project until next week. Missing out this weekend won't be the end of the world.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

My flushmounts and rod holders are to arrive today and i bought my HB 170 this past weekend and just shipped the transducer off today to swap out for the scupper transducer. Good luck with all of your installs.

Comment

All my orders came in today and I went to work rigging- I used 1/4-20 stainless hardware to mount the Scotty multi mount and underneath I used 1 inch diameter 1/4 inch stainless apron washers and stainless lock nuts to make sure the mount had plenty of reinforcement so as not to move or wallow out the mounting hardware under the stress of wave action. I am in the process of installing the Hummingbird 570 DI. The mount that came with the Scotty was for Lowerance/Eagle fishfinders so I have to fashion an adapter plate to mate up the Hummingbird's mount from 1/4 inch aluminum plate but that is a piece of cake for an old inside machinist- the zig zag cleat looks good to go for the anchor system- stole that idea from You Tube- The time I spent in front of my laptop watching all the "how to rig your kayak videos" paid off. I am ready to fish! Now if the weather would just cooperate I would be calling on Metroman and Japanese Zero to help me with my first paddle! They got me started in kayaking...
          Last edited by ronaultmtd; 03-23-2011, 05:22 AM.

Comment

I decided not to use metal to make the adapter- used a poly cutting board instead. What I like about this setup is if I decide to have a clean bow for fresh water bass fishing, casting lures- the triple mount comes off and the scotty fish finder mount goes where the triple mount is-

Comment

Working...
            X