Another one joins the dark side.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FRED driver View Post
    For what it's worth, I think the hatch liner is a big disappointment. Not in line with typical hobie engineering and design quality. It's flimsy, way overpriced, does not take advantage of the large volume up front and, most importantly, allows a lot more water in the front on choppy days when taking water over the bow. Instead of having a single weather stripped seal, the hatch liner breaks that up... Think of wedging a piece of plastic into your car door weather stripping--it's going to leak eventually. The next design iteration should have it attach internally without compromising the latch seal.

No big deal I guess if you never go out in marginal weather...

The battery mount however is far nicer and way more useful.
    I'm not happy with the hatch liner, it doesn't fit well...and definitely won't allow the hatch to close tight. I think I'll send it back.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Cowpokey... sorry I didnt answer sooner. I also have and will keep my OK Trident 13. It's also yellow for the high visibility factor. I am selling my BPS 12' FS12T. Its tan and has an anchor trolly and a ball for a ram mount. I had my fishfinder on it. Im gonna post something soon on the forum for sale section. I cant wait to get my PA so I CAN buy all the stuff I wanna do to rig it out. I actually look forward to puting money in the hole in the water they call a Fishing Kayak!!! LOL
      Tom Brown
      Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13
      2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
      X