Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome!

Default Welcome!

Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers Inc was started by a group of avid kayak fishermen who wish to share the fun and enjoyment of kayak fishing with all who are interested.

We will be supporting various charities and promoting the conservation of the bay by hosting kayak fishing tournaments.

Our goal is to enjoy the Chesapeake Bay with no or very little impact on the environment.

POST AWAY!

Quote Originally Posted by stupidjet View Post
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers Inc was started by a group of avid kayak fishermen who wish to share the fun and enjoyment of kayak fishing with all who are interested.

We will be supporting various charities and promoting the conservation of the bay by hosting kayak fishing tournaments.

Our goal is to enjoy the Chesapeake Bay with no or very little impact on the environment.

POST AWAY!
    We would like to thank MKF for setting up this forum for us. CBKA Inc has registered as non-profit corporation in Maryland. All monies raised by tournaments will go to charities. Our goal on MKF is to have a place to promote our kayak fishing tournaments. MKF is one of the best sites around, we do not want to change it in anyway.

You can learn more at www.chesapeakebaykayakanglers.com

We have made an agreement with a well known charity that will benefit from our tournament this year. Waiting on final approval to post information on the web site.

We have also reached an agreement with Hobie Fishing to be involved with the tournament as a corporate sponsor. Easton Cycle and Sport is the main local sponsor. We also have Kayak Kevin as one of our sponsors. We will be announcing other local/corporate sponsors over the coming weeks.

Tournnament is Sept 9-10, Rules and registration will be posted in April/May

We all know there are well established tournaments in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area and, all over the country for that matter. We just thought it was time that there is a "Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers" tournament. It is, after all, the largest estuary in North America. It should have one!

We've gotten a lot of interest from area businesses as well as some major manufacturers and kayak fishing publications. We have high expectations that this is the start of annual event that will grow and attract kayak anglers from all over!
    Hobie Revolution
    Cobra Explorer
    Carefree Boat Club
    www.carefreeboats.com
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers Fishing Tournament
    www.cbkainc.com

surfdog Guest

definitely going to get an air mattress for the tent looks like a good time.
    Last edited by surfdog; 03-15-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: dumb a$$

Good stuff guys....thanks for the work you are putting into this.

Nice...I hope for the tournament I can compete with the motor removed on the Torque.
    <insert witty comment here>

At first glance i thought camp wright might not be a great location but in looking at the pictures on its site and maps it looks about 2.5-3miles from the rockpiles? not out of reach and a good spot to troll the channel on the way up to the bridge. What kind of sheltered access does it have if it blows that saturday? Release division? Beer kayak girls? Should be a great time regardless. thanks for putting this together guys.
    Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

I'm hoping that the proceeds first go to paying for the cost of the Maryland Kayak Fishing Web Site as part of the tournament costs.

Also, how does this affect the Md Kayak Fishing organization? Do we have to change the logos in any way? Fjarhead has spent a bunch of money getting the master for those window stickers and having them made for everyone and a few others are trying to get flags/hats and shirts made to show our unity. And now a few people are changing this ......... guess I don't understand

ANd what's with this "Maryland's First Kayak Fishing Organization" ? Md Kayak Fishing may not have a formal charter but it was definitely organized and here before the other organization.

I've seen no discussions on the board about this and it just seemed to turn up ...........

Just want to know what direction the Md KAYAK FISHING club is heading before I spend money getting flags made or sponsoring trips to CBBT?

Can you explain how the Maryland Kayak Fishing relates to the Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers Inc and why there had to be a new organization ........ guess I just don't understand.
    Last edited by Memory Maker; 03-18-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Memory Maker View Post
    I'm hoping that the proceeds first go to paying for the cost of the Maryland Kayak Fishing Web Site as part of the tournament costs.

Also, how does this affect the Md Kayak Fishing organization? Do we have to change the logos in any way? Fjarhead has spent a bunch of money getting the master for those window stickers and having them made for everyone and a few others are trying to get flags/hats and shirts made to show our unity. And now a few people are changing this ......... guess I don't understand

ANd what's with this "Maryland's First Kayak Fishing Organization" ? Md Kayak Fishing may not have a formal charter but it was definitely organized and here before the other organization.

I've seen no discussions on the board about this and it just seemed to turn up ...........

Just want to know what direction the Md KAYAK FISHING club is heading before I spend money getting flags made or sponsoring trips to CBBT?

Can you explain how the Maryland Kayak Fishing relates to the Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers Inc and why there had to be a new organization ........ guess I just don't understand.
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers is a non-profit organization to produce a kayak fishing tournament. The idea to call it that was to include ALL of the Chesapeake region, not just Maryland. It includes MKF. Maybe someday others from VA, PA, DE & DC.

No affect on MKF logo, stickers, flags, hats, t-shirts, etc. It remains one of the best forums around focused on kayak fishing in the area. CBKA is not intended to compete/replace or interfere with MKF in any way. The MKF admins were kind enough to be the forum for CBKA. That's why this new section appears on the forum. There is no forum on CBKA. But there is a link back to the MKF forum!

The reason not a lot of chatter so far is legal, manufacturer and charity details and approvals were needed. Much of those details are out of the way so let the chatter commence!

Who's coming to the first annual CBKA Kayak Fishing Tournament?!?!

John

P.S. As measured by a handheld GPS app the bridge is 1.8 miles from the launch!
    Hobie Revolution
    Cobra Explorer
    Carefree Boat Club
    www.carefreeboats.com
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers Fishing Tournament
    www.cbkainc.com

Thanks John .......

but there is no mention of using funds to help pay for the site ......... if you are going use the site and produce money then some of the tournament costs are the site costs ......... so far just a few people have put up the money to get stuff done on their own ..... ie the cost of the site and the cost of the decals.

If you are going to use the site to make money then maybe some of the money should go to paying for the site .........

I know if the site charged I would pay ....... just like I do on Tidalfish .....