You guys wear buffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys wear buffs?

I've never worn a buff before but it seems like a good idea instead of sunblock. My ears and back of my neck seem to get the worst of it.
    Do they fit well, can you breath through them easily or be struggling in the heat?

They have one that looks like striper skin although it's hard to tell what it would look like in person. Any favorite styles?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Having several skin cancers removed already, I always use a buff along with sunscreen (in case I lower the buff). I don't find them too hot, but without a little breeze you can fog up glasses.

Comment

Love the buff! Its great for sun blocking, just don't soak it or its like waterboarding yourself . I have the striper color, its nice
      2014 Hobie Dune Outback
      2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
      Rob

Comment

i have 3 buffs and love them.. they are not to hot but give you good protection around the neck, back of the head. ears and lower face... and if i wear my sunglasses and hat i am fully protected.. i do notice it fogs my glasses up sometimes though.

but for what you get out of it protection wise.. the 20$ or less is well spent
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Yep- They work. I won't say you're cool under there, but not all that much hotter either. You can always wet yours (with a water bottle- not bay water) to get added evaporative cooling. Kind of expensive if you ask me, but they definitely keep the sun off of you. You end up looking a little like an ol' granny wearing one-but Im not opposed to looking silly if it keeps me from having to douse as much sunblock on myself. I have a buddy thats a big fan of the sleeves as well.

I prefer the lighter colors for obvious reasons
          John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
          Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

I plan on wearing one this season. I won it last year. Never used one before though.
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I like it! On cold days it can keep you warm and on the sunny days give you protection from the sun. On Very Hot days I like soak with cold water and I Just wear it Around my Neck and it helps me cool down. There's a guy on Snagged that sells a MD State Flag Buff.

Here is the link

http://stateflagheadwear.ecrater.com...61/my-products
              2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I also use half finger sun gloves, and I love them. A little easier on the palms on a long paddle, plus a little easier handling fish IMO. You just can not keep sunscreen on your hands.

Comment

Enough for me...I put in an order for the striper patterned one. I hate putting on sunscreen. It's so slimy.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                  Torqeedo Pro Staff
                  Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Berto View Post
                    I like it! On cold days it can keep you warm and on the sunny days give you protection from the sun. On Very Hot days I like soak with cold water and I Just wear it Around my Neck and it helps me cool down. There's a guy on Snagged that sells a MD State Flag Buff.

Here is the link

http://stateflagheadwear.ecrater.com...61/my-products
                    I have the same one, wear it everywhere, even wear it walking the dog if its really cold. I also have a fish pattern one (in my avatar)
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Started wearing one this past season. Like it better than putting sunscreen.
                      Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I should get one.

Comment

I started wearing one a couple of seasons ago. Sunscreen always found a way to start stinging my eyes. I have a couple and I think the genuine "Buff Headwear" one does not fog up my glasses like the knock-off brand one does (it seems like it breathes better).
                          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Now that I've got one on order, I need to figure out a way to wear it such that I don't look like I'm about to rob somebody. Hopefully the striper pattern will make it clear
                            I remember I went out with a buddy who wore one that looked like a red bandanna so I started throwing gang symbols at him, I think that's what I was doing anyway

Kokatat Pro Staff
                            Torqeedo Pro Staff
                            Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

LOL Yeah, they make people look a bit more menacing.

Yak Fish, ur pm box is full BTW
                              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Working...
                              X