No announcement yet.

Weekend March 19 Fishing....who's going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have company in all weekend so I can't fish. Super full moon this weekend though, should do something to the fish!
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

If the water level comes down will try the Potomac for crappie if not will try to catch some trout ( find out what is being stocked and where).Either way have to drop a line.Already got my licenses.

Comment

I went down by the old Hemmingways last Sunday. Just went down there to see what was going on. There is a construction fence across the parking entrances, down towards the water. I suppose that one could dolly a kayak around them.

Comment

fishing plans

I am going to myrtle beach for the next week and will be doing some pier fishing for whatever jumps on the hook

Comment

Originally posted by fjarhead View Post
            I am going to myrtle beach for the next week and will be doing some pier fishing for whatever jumps on the hook
            Fjarhead: I'm going to Myrtle for a week beginning the 29th of May- through the 4th of June, but I am driving down and plan on taking my yak with me. A few miles north of North Myrtle beach is an inlet that looks good and where they rent Jackson Coosa fishing yaks...$40 bucks the first day and $30 everyday thereafter.
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

If you head south there is Murrel's Inlet and some good fishing back there. I caught Spanish Mac and Sea Trout otf there in late May a few years ago. Got a few flounder and black drum too. With a kayak it would be easy to paddle around in the marsh creeks in there, just watch out for gators.

Let me know if want some info

Comment

thanks for the info.

thanks for the info. I wont have to stand on a pier.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                  If you head south there is Murrel's Inlet and some good fishing back there. I caught Spanish Mac and Sea Trout otf there in late May a few years ago. Got a few flounder and black drum too. With a kayak it would be easy to paddle around in the marsh creeks in there, just watch out for gators.

Let me know if want some info
                  yes, i have been back there, there is a pier next to a restaurant and you just hop the pier. I just found a place that will rent a yak $40. per day. woohoo.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                    Fjarhead: I'm going to Myrtle for a week beginning the 29th of May- through the 4th of June, but I am driving down and plan on taking my yak with me. A few miles north of North Myrtle beach is an inlet that looks good and where they rent Jackson Coosa fishing yaks...$40 bucks the first day and $30 everyday thereafter.
                    thanks for the info that will be handy.

Comment

I usually go to the state park, huntington beach. The jetty is about a mile away and wasn't crowded. Back in the grass would definitely be fun on a kayak, there is a launch by the oyster recycle spot...

Comment

Redfish: The gators taste good too. Its the swamp people that you have to watch out for.

Comment

come on swamp people need to eat too

Comment

If you can get out to the ocean and keep some big mullet alive, try for the King Mackeral ......... used to catch them off of the Pauley's Island Pier ...... they even caught some wahoo off the pier ........ just watch our for the sharks ....... REALLY big sharks ........

Big Rapala type lures work too ......

Good Luck ...... take some pics .....

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                              If you can get out to the ocean and keep some big mullet alive, try for the King Mackeral ......... used to catch them off of the Pauley's Island Pier ...... they even caught some wahoo off the pier ........ just watch our for the sharks ....... REALLY big sharks ........

Big Rapala type lures work too ......

Good Luck ...... take some pics .....
                              World record Tiger shark came from there- off Cherry Grove fishing pier-
                              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                              X