No announcement yet.

April M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to say, I will not be able to make this one after all...Catch something besides a sniffle!

Comment

Tom - Thanks again for planning and hosting today. It was a great day, even if the fish didn't cooperate.

I'll definitely be back there soon to try again.
      Mike

Comment

First of all I want to again thank all who attended todays M&G. Sorry to say we didn't catch a lot of fish, but I believe we all had a good time, good weather and good food... As I was reminded today its not just about catching fish, It's about more. So personally thanks for reminding me. Whoever took the picture of the one LM Bass that was caught, on a fly rod no less, would you please post it. I think it was docv... I cant wait to do it all again with y'all. .
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Some pics from today. Great time!
          IMG_20140419_102310.jpgIMG_20140419_102333.jpgIMG_20140419_102306.jpgIMG_20140419_102313.jpg
          Jackson Cuda Black Widow

Comment

Tom,

Thank you for organizing the outing and the lunch. It was a good time indeed.

Also it was nice to meet some more Snaggedline members.

I think we were victims today of the unseasonably cold spring. The fish were simply not active. The ponds however provide excellent cover for bass with many shoreline targets to aim for. It's a fun place to fish and an excellent area to test your casting skills with lots of dead wood to weave your line through.

I laid out many yards of fly line today before nailing this little guy with a size 4 orange over white Clouser Minnow. Certainly not a photo-worthy fish but I worked pretty hard for it.

A.jpg

Thanks again,
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Here's the picture of Mark's fish and a couple others I snapped.
              Thanks for putting it all together.

2014-04-19-105912.jpg2014-04-19-105902.jpg2014-04-19-102453.jpg

Comment

Great outing. At least Mark avoided the skunk. It was a nice day. Saw lots of birds, blue skies, but no fish. Fun to be out with everyone. Happy Easter!!!!
                Hurricane Skimmer 128
                WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Mark has had the hot hand this week. When I fished with him on Thurs, he caught the only fish of that trip too. Way to go Mark!
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks Tom for organizing the M&G ,sorry there was only one fish caught. Great meeting everyone and having lunch at G&M.

Larry

Comment

did anyone make it up to the light rail bridge.. been reports of people getting good small mouth and yellow perch in there..

there are log jams all over the place just up the river.. its about 8 ft at the bridge... the upper pond up the river produces all the fish as well.. its 10-11 ft in the upper pond
                      Zach Moore
                      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                      Bait Towel Pro Staff
                      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Zach,

It was my first visit there. I do not believe I went to the pond you referenced. I saw no bridge or tracks.

I went to the first pond on the left from the river after leaving the ramp.

I assume the pond you are referring to is accessed farther up the river. Correct?

I look forward to returning when the weather warms. The area looks promising.

Mark
                        Mark
                        Pasadena, MD

Comment

When you first cross under the bridge which is a right out of the southwest ramp you can stay straight and it brings you into a pool, which then goes into a middle pond, and opens up into a bigger pond in the back... but off to the right theres a small river that leads up stream... mid way up there is the pond on the left... this bigger pond is actually directly behind the large pond some of the guys were fishing, but its broken up by 5 feet of land haha

but once you turn the corner in the river you see the next pond and the light rail bridge.
                          Zach Moore
                          Bait Towel Pro Staff
                          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Zach,

Got it.

I'll visit the pond to the right next time.

Thanks,
                            Mark
                            Pasadena, MD

Comment

no point in fishing the river either. its about 2 ft the whole way up.. so not much boat pressure hits that upper pond. if u hug the left shoreline its about 4 ft about 3/4 of the way up then its just silted in.. Ive pushed a 22 ft center console through it but if the tides not up.. your not getting in with a boat

but its a kayakers dream.
                              Zach Moore
                              Bait Towel Pro Staff
                              2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Thank for the kind words everyone. I can't wait to do it again. I was VERY happy with the turnout. See y'all on the water.
                                Tom Brown
                                Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                                Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                                2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
                                X