April M&G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April M&G

Due to the April M&G being on the same weekend as the susky flats jamboree and most of us there for that worthwhile event, I am forced to change the April M&G to the following weekend April 19th. I know that is the day before Easter but thats all all I can work with. I will be posting more info shortly on the M&G. We will be having lunch at the famous G&M Restaurant. The crabcakes there are incredible and they are willing to have us wet stinky folks there and the beer is cold too. Please let me know if you will be attending. The M&G will be held at Belle Grove Ponds and we will launch at Southwest area Park in Baltimore Highlands.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

I was pleased to meet you in West Marine today. Also I hope to attend on the 19th too.

Comment

Sounds like it will be great time. I'm checking on the Easter schedule.
      PigPen - Mt Airy
      Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
        Sounds like it will be great time. I'm checking on the Easter schedule.
        Hey All, If the Easter Holiday turns out to be too big of a problem PLEASE let me know. I Will go with the majority... That means that your input is important. ..
        Tom Brown
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Tom,

I'm ok with the 19th.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

19th sounds good to me, let me check my schedule but i should be good until early afternoon!
            Ryan
            BPS Ascend FS10 Sit In
            Jackson KilRoy Sit In

Comment

Here is the update for the April M&G at the Belle Grove Ponds. We will launch at the Southwest Area Park in Baltimore Highlands. The website for the park is southwestareapark.com and there are directions there. If you prefer a physical address for your GPS enter 4208 Baltimore St. Halethorpe, Md 21227. If anyone needs further directions plese send me a PM. I will be posting other details in the next few days. The park opens at 7am and thats when we will meet at the gate. If uou get to the address above simply go over the Light Rail tracks and make a left at bottom of hill . Make your next Right and follow to ramp. There are port a potties and plenty of parking. We have a reservation at G&M on Hammondsferry Rd in Linthicum, Md and their website is gandmrestaurant.com. They have the BEST crabcakes around. Please come join us. I hope I dont have to cxl this for lack of participation...
              Tom Brown
              2012 Hobie PA 14'
              Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

What will everyone be fishing for

Comment

Count me in
                  I fish everyday that ends in "Y"

Comment

I plan to attend.

But I have never fished this area before.

A little guidance on what fish to expect would help me to make my rod and tackle decisions.

Many thanks,
                    Mark
                    Pasadena, MD

Comment

For those attending Saturday. .. types of fish that are in Belle Grove include striped bass, large mouth and smalies lots of chain pickerel, crappie and other less fished for like catfish and carp. This is a brackish water fisherie and there are plenty of everything there to catch. As in many of the fishing in our area, when its on its on. The weather report is calling for scattered showers in the afternoon so we should be ok. This would be an excellent location for beginner kayakers and experienced as well. Baits I would consider would be live minnows w/sm jigheads for pickerel, plastics and crankbaits for striped bass and various cranckbaits for largemouth there is alot of cover vor the largmouth so plan accordingly. Ive had a lot of luck using fishbites artificial bloodworms for stipers and pickerel but minnows and topwater cranks work best for pickerel
                      Tom Brown
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Tom,

Thank you.
                        Mark
                        Pasadena, MD

Comment

Count me in for my 1st M&G. I work 5 minutes from the ponds and have wanted to try it out for a while. What better time than a M&G.
                          Mike

Comment

Wish I could make it but I have a conflict with my church schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Mike

"But by the grace of God I am what I am..." - I Cor. 15:10
                            Native Watercraft Slayer Propel - Cooperhead

Comment

I will be at the gate below the light rail station at the above address at 0700 Saturday morning. If anyone needs to reach me feel free to call 4433067306 and can be called for directions or any questions for the M&G. Its a real shame I don't see many Veterans here. This is supposed to be a M&G so the new folks can meet some of those veterans and everyone else on this forum. I hope to have more yakers say they will show up. For those that are coming and that voted for this location back in January, I hope to see yall at the launch or on the water Saturday at 0700...
                              Tom Brown
                              2012 Hobie PA 14'
                              Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Working...
                              X