kayak rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayak rack

hey fellas, i was tired of hauling my yak with half or more hanging out of my explorer sport trac. so i started looking at racks, wow they want crazy money for them things. so i fabricated my own, think i did a pretty good job. it has pins in it so i can unhook it when not using it. the truck had rails on the sides so i put a bar across to protect the cab. it works pretty good. what you guys think? its easy to make.
    Attached Files

Looks great ......... but why not just get a bed extender .........

Comment

couldnt find anyone that makes a hitch to fit a sport trac. had to improvise.

Comment

nice rack i have a sport trac also they make a hitch for it, pulled my boat for years with it an '04 model goes in and bolts right to the frame. i used to put a 16' tandem on top before i bought a cap for it and added another rack to it.

check with jiffy hitch in balt. they should have or can get a hitch for you if you want one.

Comment

Nice work and way cheaper Im sure! And... it is custom fit, cant get anymore custom then building yourself. I need to come up with something for my grand cherokee rather then bungee cords and a prayer!!!! ;-)
          Who said you can't fish from a kayak?
          Best Kayak Gear

Comment

I seen your rack up close .. Fine Job and works well. Can't wait to get you up here on the Susky!

Comment

Working...
            X