Occoquan Resevoir 3/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occoquan Resevoir 3/15

Decided to get out on Saturday. Thought about Mattawoman, but decided to try some new spots for me. I went to Occoquan Reservoir, which I hadn't fished before, also thought about hitting Pohick Bay later.

There was a ton of rowing crew out on the resevoir, water finally warmed up around noon to almost 50 degrees. I ended up catching a nice 17" LM that would probably go 2-3 lbs. Caught it on a red and chartreuse spinnerbait.

Nice to be out on the water, also got a good chance to try out the new Lew's baitcaster I got. Got to say, very impressed by Lew's. They casts long and reel smooth.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Nice lookin fish! The reservoir is pretty much my back yard. It's been tough finding fish over 15" so hopefully that's a sign for good things to come!
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Comment

Looking up old posts to find an early spring hit list. May I ask what section you were fishing last year? I usually launch from a "private" launch off Forest Hill or Lake Ridge Marina with limited success. Maybe we can meet out there sometime. Depending on weather I'll be out there this or next weekend.
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

That is a nice LMB in the cold water!

Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by gafisherman View Post
          new Lew's baitcaster
          Which one did you get? I have been looking at picking up a baitcaster this spring and Lew's is at the top of the list so far.
          Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
          Lime Slayer 10

Comment

I got the BB1 inshore reel. Wanted a reel for fresh/salt water. It's been great. May add another Lews to the arsenal his year. Can't beat them for the price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X