Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodrow wilson meet n greet

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    This is how our day went. Between the two of us we got 11 fish 20-26.5" it was cool seeing everyone and all the different kayaks and rigging out on the water. Sorry i didnt stay for lunch. I had alot of work to do with the fish i did keep.
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

Thanks for hosting and the instruction in the morning Rockchaser! If I counted correctly I wound up landing 32 blue cats yesterday (all in that 17" to 24" range). I landed 14 before that mid-day slow down on the bite (high tide, water was not moving?). I think about the time the group headed over to lunch I paddled over to the Spoils Cove to try for some bass (no luck with the green fish).

When I returned to the fishing area the bite was back on. I wound up fishing until sunset. While there were two hot spots that produced multiple bites almost as soon as I could get the chicken breast down to them almost every spot I tried was good for a bite after 5-7 minutes.

First time I have fished with circle hooks. I was impressed, not a single cat was deeply hooked (don't tell DNR, I released all of the blues unharmed! ). Eventually I pinched the barb on the circle hook. I had six photos for Kayak Wars so I was releasing them in the water with a quick twist on the hook. The barbless thing did cost me what looked like a personal best blue cat. Had a big one coming looming into view late in the day. She spun and self released. Ah well, it truely was a great day on the water!

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice reports guys. I'm glad to hear that the fish were biting for the meet and greet.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice to meet you Jaspratt. I was the last guy to launch right after you and your lady friend.

Dave, thanks for helping me get rid of my skunk yesterday. Next time I'll have a different rig setup and anchor.

The blue cats are fun to catch. I imagine it would be even more fun once the water warms up and they fish aren't so sluggish. It's lots of fun reeling in those suckers and that park is a great place to launch from.

Comment

Big thanks to Jim for organizing the meet and greet. I had a great time...only a dozen blue cats for me, the largest being 25". It was nice seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. Wow Dave, congrats on the numbers...impressive! Could not ask for better weather. Hey, who smells like fish at the lunch table?

002.jpg003.jpg
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Turtle135 with a big cat.

My only fish.

Comment

Good job guys.

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

WTG fellas! Looks like some nice pullage!

Comment

Some caught a few and some caught a lot but I think all caught some. I think I caught 8-10 with biggest at only 23". But it was a beautiful day! Thanks for organizing Jimmy, lunch was good too.
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I caught one once I changed my rig and then the bite slowed. Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to seeing you guys at another one some day. A lot was learned. Thanks to Rockchaser for getting me out of my element, I usually wait for warmer weather and pick more serene locales, but I now i know i don't have to.
                    Karl

Native Watercraft Ultimate 14.5, Versa Board, Wilderness Systems Pungo 120

Comment

It was good to see everyone that made it out tothe M&G. I wish the waterhadbeen warmer and the bite faster but it sounds like everyone had a good day. I caught a few only 4 of them over the 20" Kayakwars limit.

I am glad launching from the floating dock went well for everyone, I was a little nervous after pushing it so hard.

Sorry parking for lunch turned into a mess, first warm day of spring and the world came out to walk around Old Town Alexandria.

100_1638.jpg 100_1643.jpg 100_1644.jpg 100_1645.jpg
                      Jim

Hobie Outback
                      TKAA member
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

A few more pictures

100_1639.jpg 100_1640.jpg 100_1641.jpg 100_1642.jpg
                        Jim

Hobie Outback
                        TKAA member
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Looks like the catfish gave some good pullage. Did anyone get any Bass, Crappie, or Yellow perch?
                          Hurricane Skimmer 128
                          WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Wasn't able to get the license Friday and didn't want to pay for 2 tickets. It was good talking with some of you and i look forward to FISHING with you all next time.

Comment

Aww man, you shoulda just fished anyway. I didnt bother getting a dc license after hearing the trouble other guys were having to get one. Luckily no dc dnr around.
                              Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                              -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                              -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Working...
                              X