Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Building Meeting and Hello

Hello all,

First off thank you for including a new comer (like myself) in your January Meeting at Bass Pro. I didn't get to stay for lunch but I enjoyed listening to everyone speak about past gatherings and hope to participate in many during this upcoming year. I am new to the kayak fishing world but have other experiences else where.

I recently moved from NY where I regularly held/attend meetings and gatherings on one of my favorite topics, rod building. I wanted to carry on the tradition now that I moved to MD and I have a small group already committed to coming to my house on Feb 8th for our first meeting. I live in North Potomac just north of DC. If you are interested in learning how to make your first rod or pick up a new skill please let me know and I would be happy to included you. Space is limited and we are planning to have some kind of potluck lunch.

I also just want to note that I am only doing this to get people together that have an interest in rod building and to further our abilities in the craft. I invite professional rod builders to lead demonstrations and discussions. Billy Vivona from the NERBS will be coming down from NY to lead this one and possibly some local MD builders.

Thanks!

Billy
    Ocean Kayak Yellow 13

Billy,

I've recently developed a definite interest in rod building and would love to learn more!
    2013 Jackson Kayak Cuda 12 "Penny"

Comment

Billy,

Welcome aboard! I've been building for a few years now and was taught by a local pro. It is a really addictive hobby and an incredible feeling to catch a fish on a rod you built yourself - the first few times I kept waiting for something to break. I can't make the February 8 meeting but I look forward to getting to know you on the board.

Doug
      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Billy,

Welcome to Snaggedline.

I admire your rod-building skill and your willingness to share it.

Mark
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Followme438 View Post
          Billy,

I've recently developed a definite interest in rod building and would love to learn more!
          Thanks guys, I am happy to share. I was taught freely and I intend to do the same thing. Followme438 I will keep a spot open for you and pm the details.
          Ocean Kayak Yellow 13

Comment

Working...
          X