MSSA Championship on the Chesapeake May 2nd-4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSSA Championship on the Chesapeake May 2nd-4th

Maryland Saltwater Sportsman Association is excited to announce the addition of a kayak division for the World's Largest Striped Bass Tournament.

Fish any or all three days of the tournament

Aggregate length of two longest fish determines winner.

Catch-photo-release (Must email pic to fish@mssa.net before 6:00PM on each day)

MSSA will declare the “identifier” the day before the tournament

1st place - $2,000

2nd Place - $1,000

3rd Place - $500

$65 entry fee for members

$100 for non-members
    To Register visit www.mssa.net

Hopefully we can get a good contingent to compete in this event as the organization is interested in added kayak divisions to a number of there other tournaments as well.

Sounds like a fun time, but the timing is a little rough. I have my work calendar marked off on those dates with the words "BULLS" penciled in. It's a shame VA waters don't count because those two go hand in hand that time of year.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
      Sounds like a fun time, but the timing is a little rough. I have my work calendar marked off on those dates with the words "BULLS" penciled in. It's a shame VA waters don't count because those two go hand in hand that time of year.
      It's actually the 2-4th I posted the wrong dates.

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
        Hahahahah me too man, me too! I can feel it already
        Malibu stealth 14 with a paddle....still lol

Comment

Glad to see MSSA moving to a Catch and Release Tournament

Matt ....... Gotta say ....... You are REALLY doing a GREAT job promoting the Sport of Yak Fishing ........ Hats off to you guy !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
            Glad to see MSSA moving to a Catch and Release Tournament

Matt ....... Gotta say ....... You are REALLY doing a GREAT job promoting the Sport of Yak Fishing ........ Hats off to you guy !!!!
            Thanks Rick!

Just wanted to give this a little bump. The correct dates are May 2nd-4th. Perfect time to CPR a trophy and win some cash.

Grilled could you update the title?

Comment

So,Matt, I checked on the rules, and if I read them correctly live bait is allowed to be used... is that so? Is there a standard ruler to be used? Do kayak anglers need to go to the captains meeting?
              http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
              484-459-9863
              If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
              *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by docirv View Post
                So,Matt, I checked on the rules, and if I read them correctly live bait is allowed to be used... is that so? Is there a standard ruler to be used? Do kayak anglers need to go to the captains meeting?
                I'm not running the tournament, just trying to help get the word out. Please contact the tournament directors via email or phone an they can answer the questions for sorry. Sorry I'm just a middle man with this event.

Comment

This is Dave Smith, Executive Director of MSSA.

Yes, live bait is allowed.
                  We have standard rulers that will be available at the Captains meetings or we can mail you one if you cannot attend any of the five meetings.
                  We encourage all anglers to go to the Captains Meetings but they are not mandatory. You will however need to select the 'Mail' option to have the Angler number and ruler sent.

If you have any further questions please contact me at dave.smith@mssa.net

Thank you for your interest and asking these questions. I will edit the rules to be more clear

Dave

Comment

Kayak Anglers, Join in on the World's Largest Striped Bass Tournament - NEW Kayak Division (CPR)
                    Register Online at www.mssa.net/thechampionship
                    Kayak Division - $65 Entry Fee
                    1st Place - $2,000
                    2nd Place - $1,000
                    3rd Place - $500

Ad Spring 2014.JPG
                    Attached Files

Comment

Join MSSA's Facebook page and Follow MSSA on Twitter for tournament updates, alerts, and more!

MSSA Facebook Page
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/FishMSSA/

MSSA Twitter Account
                      https://twitter.com/MDSportfishing

Comment

Kayak Anglers, Join in on the World's Largest Striped Bass Tournament - NEW Kayak Division (CPR)

Register Online at www.mssa.net/thechampionship
                        Kayak Division - $65 Entry Fee
                        1st Place - $2,000
                        2nd Place - $1,000
                        3rd Place - $500

For more information visit www.mssa.net/thechampionship or call the main office at 410-255-5535

Comment

I read the rules for the Kayak division, I guess there's no restriction on the use of a motor during the competition. That seems like a huge advantage for this tournament, especially since they prohibit the "mother ship" transport to deep waters. I'm guessing that getting out to the channel edges could be a big challenge for pedal and paddle powered kayaks, and not to mention dangerous with all of the big boats running miles of gear and barely paying attention to what's happening in front of the pointy end.
                          Live for today, and fish often...
                          2014 Pro Angler 14
                          St. Jerome Creek, Dameron

Comment

electric kayaks are not a huge advantage, e.g., pinch.
                            sigpic

Comment

Very true. I had a Torque and was getting out run my hobie kayaks... SO I got a hobie.
                              Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
                              X