Winter Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
    This winter is killing me! Just finished my 4th rod build... I made it for live-lining this summer and it turned out pretty well for my first spiral wrapped rod. Blank is a rainshadow e-glass rod rated 12-20lb and 1/4-1oz weight. Should be fun for summer rock and it bends well into the handle!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10847[/ATTACH]
    So decorative.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Mike ....... Looks like you did a great Job !!!!!

Comment

Well, it is work still in progress, but I am done for the most part on my winter project. I want to thank Coop for letting me use his large heated garage to help me complete the biggest mods that I completed for my kayak. I will be trying everything out at the M&G on Saturday at the Susky.

I completed a new battery box
        Installed red LEDs in the cockpit so I can enjoy them while doing some summer night fishing
        Built a new set of trolling rod holders that are lighter than the aluminum ones that I have been using for the last two years.
        I built a new milkcrate that is similar in design to my old one, but with improvements. It has a spring activated lid, and custom plexi glass holders for my marine radio and fish measuring device.
        Finished my improved camera mount for my GoPro that sits behind me
        I also retrofitted a bike helmet for mounting a camera (ala ComeOnFish)

Comment

You should have heard me swearing, trim bands with metalic thread are for the birds.
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
            Well, it is work still in progress, but I am done for the most part on my winter project. I want to thank Coop for letting me use his large heated garage to help me complete the biggest mods that I completed for my kayak. I will be trying everything out at the M&G on Saturday at the Susky.

I completed a new battery box
            Installed red LEDs in the cockpit so I can enjoy them while doing some summer night fishing
            Built a new set of trolling rod holders that are lighter than the aluminum ones that I have been using for the last two years.
            I built a new milkcrate that is similar in design to my old one, but with improvements. It has a spring activated lid, and custom plexi glass holders for my marine radio and fish measuring device.
            Finished my improved camera mount for my GoPro that sits behind me
            I also retrofitted a bike helmet for mounting a camera (ala ComeOnFish)
            Any pics?
            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I will make available some detailed picks after tomorrows M&G.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
                This winter is killing me! Just finished my 4th rod build... I made it for live-lining this summer and it turned out pretty well for my first spiral wrapped rod. Blank is a rainshadow e-glass rod rated 12-20lb and 1/4-1oz weight. Should be fun for summer rock and it bends well into the handle!
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]10847[/ATTACH]
                Great job.

I have been away from this site for too long. I missed all the fun.. 4 rods all ready? Looks like you got the bug now.....

What model is that blank?

Comment

Mike, you do exist! Welcome back!

Blank is an SPG785 and the guides are Fuji BNLG (16, 12, 10, 10, 8, 8, 8, 8) 8 guides on a 6.5ft rod is kinda a lot but I wanted to be able to crank on it. Reminds me of your budget builds, blank was $12.15.
                  Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                  Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                  https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X