Winter Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Projects

Now that winter seems to be upon us I thought I would start a thread for winter projects. What are your winter projects this year? Mine will be to build a few rods (I have built 2 so far!), tie some teasers, organize and replace lost tackle, service my reels, and potentially finish painting the 710z I started a few years ago (currently sitting in a bucket).

I'm not done fishing and I will continue to chase stripers during the winter but I figure these things will keep me from cabin fever this winter!

photo.jpg
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

I am amazed by you guys that can build rods. I have seen it done on "How it's Made" on the science channel. I tied a few lures this winter and feel like I am on top of the mountain...If I made a rod, I would be invincible.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

New guy here.....frozen like the rest of you I'm sure.

I'll probably just replace the line on a few of my reels, and if I get really motivated I'll build the yak' dolly that I've been thinking about for a while. Trying to reinvent the wheel, ya' know?

Comment

Im making a concrete mold for 7oz speed jigs for more tuna. PS unless you want to catch molten lead with your thumb dont pour hot lead into a wet concrete mold (steam bubbles splashes bad).
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Organize my Tackle.
          Produce a rig tying video/ Lure unboxing vid.
          Upgrade at least 1 rod and upgrade two reels.
          Study DVD's I ordered from Trout Support.com on winter time trout and redfish. Great in-depth information.
          Just got my Kotat cold water gear in and organize my cold water tackle for a wwd trip.

Comment

Install Lowrance Fishfinder on my Outback
            Install two Scotty bazooka rod holders on my Outback
            Install anchor trolley on Outback
            Install anchor trolley on Perception Pescador
            Organize Tackle
            Hope for 45+ degree weather

Comment

I've decided to hand carve some lures this winter. It takes longer, and can't make as many, but I've had issues all year with my power tools. So I'm sticking to knives, which only need a sharpening. I'll post pics soon.

Comment

Spend a lot of time with my wife so she is ready to send me fishing as soon as Kayak Wars starts up again.
                Jim

Hobie Outback
                TKAA member
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Pimp my ride (Rig my PA 12) - gopro, ff, rod holders, set up to troll
                  Organize and replace tackle
                  New line on reels/service reels
                  Work as much as possible to fund my fishing addiction
                  LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                  Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by Rockchaser View Post
                    Spend a lot of time with my wife so she is ready to send me fishing as soon as Kayak Wars starts up again.
                    Good plan!
                    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Here are a few of mine:
                      winter projects.jpg
                      Ryan
                      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Fishing lure making, although is freaking cold in the garage!!

Experimenting with inside the lure wood rattles and not happy with it.

Testing banging on the hook hanger, and probably made the hook hanger weak. Even tried through wires and BB on the through wire and weak sound.

Made templates for Jerk baits and Flatstick wobblers. The round center circles are for soda cans side rattles. See my blog link below for more details on it.
                        "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post

Experimenting with inside the lure wood rattles and not happy with it.

Testing banging on the hook hanger, and probably made the hook hanger weak. Even tried through wires and BB on the through wire and weak sound.

Made templates for Jerk baits and Flatstick wobblers. The round center circles are for soda cans side rattles. See my blog link below for more details on it.
                          You may want to try using 22 cartridges and another caliber that I can't think of. Epoxy 1 in the other (tight fit) w/bb's or steel shot inside. VERY LOUD and a sound they haven't heard. Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                            Here are a few of mine:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]10517[/ATTACH]
                            Nice! Did you shoot them or are you doing the taxedermy? Or both?
                            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post

Experimenting with inside the lure wood rattles and not happy with it.[/IMG]
                              Wow...now THAT is impressive!
                              Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                              X