No announcement yet.

Weekend Yak Work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice job. I like the Placement of the scotty holders in the rear. Did you use self tapping screws to install the rod holders?

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, those are self tapping screws from ACK. They fit perfectly with the scotty accessories!
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

nice job. your braver than i, i wouldn't go near my yak with a dremil tool a hole saw is easier and less prone to run out after 3-4 beers i used the c-cap for my ff also makes a nice finish for protruding ff wires but i silicone the hole to make wt,
        Last edited by surfdog; 02-28-2011, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Like the idea of using the RAM mount for the FF. Dremel...(cue Tim Allen grunt) one of the most indispensable tools I have ever purchased. That side cutting bit is awesome but oh so dangerous. Accidentally clipped my finger with it while the tool was spinning down and it gave me one of the worst cuts I have ever had.
          Last edited by the_kegs; 02-28-2011, 10:12 PM.
          Digital Livewell

Comment

The problem with a dremel is that it's so awesome you end up using it for everything. Example, I used it to cut open the nozzle for my silicone sealant lol. Scissors, no thanks. Dremel, yes please!

Comment

it was about time you got that thing rigged! Nice work metro. I hope to see it in action catching some 50 lb stripers out on the flats.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
              Alan

Comment

Metro... might be a little late... but here you go! http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/...an-torque.html
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Their wires are ran pretty much identical to mine. Interesting use of the extender arm to have the fish finder much closer too.

Comment

That actually makes sense because you shouldn't need to get into that hatch like on the Tridents.

Comment

Yeah, I won't really need access to that hatch at all since the battery takes up that space. I like the idea of a little area to hang lures and such...looks handy.

Comment

Working...
                      X