Susquehanna at Havre de Grace(11/29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna at Havre de Grace(11/29)

I saw on the anglers log that the lower sus was still producing "an influx" of 18"+ stripers so this morning I went out of Havre de Grace and fished near the bridges mostly trolling but occasionally jigging. Limited with time and by the cold, I was only able to troll up one fish at about 15''.
    13.11.29HavreDeGraceStriper.jpg

Did you launch out of Jean Roberts? Fishing the RR bridge, Hatem, or the 95 bridge? Seems to be much deeper water around there, starting when you launch out of Lapidum and hang a right towards the first bridge. I know if you get to the other side of Garrett Island (on the Perryville side) that channel gets close to 70 FOW...I know rockfish aren't that deep, but it's pretty amazing the river can get that steep.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
      Did you launch out of Jean Roberts? Fishing the RR bridge, Hatem, or the 95 bridge? Seems to be much deeper water around there, starting when you launch out of Lapidum and hang a right towards the first bridge. I know if you get to the other side of Garrett Island (on the Perryville side) that channel gets close to 70 FOW...I know rockfish aren't that deep, but it's pretty amazing the river can get that steep.

....... Maybe not but the hang out in that deep water all winter ......... Back in the 70/80's we'd cruise until we found the schools and then use shad darts and minnows drifted over them to catch em .......... Bill Burton wrote about it back then

Comment

yea launched out of jean roberts, fished the first railroad bridge then up toward the route 40 bridge

Comment

Thanks corey, seems like you had a nice consistent season! I might have one more striper trip in me before the season ends. After that, I might concentrate above the dam and find some crappie. I never fished above the dam nor targeted crappie, but I've been reading up. I need something to fill the void till the yellow perch come to town
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Yeah I think I am done with stripers for this year. I enjoy a nice crappie but I'm going to try and find walleye this winter, one place I have read about is above the dam although I have never been.

Comment

Originally posted by corey866 View Post
              Yeah I think I am done with stripers for this year. I enjoy a nice crappie but I'm going to try and find walleye this winter, one place I have read about is above the dam although I have never been.
              I'd like to find a place to target walleye. They are at the conowingo dam but they are hard to catch and that area isn't great for kayaking. I've never been above the dam either. I wonder how close to the dam you can get. There are giant catfish down there...probably state records. I've seen pictures and posted them here of the catfish from those deep waters.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
              Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
              Alan

Comment

I've never had luck finding them at the dam either. I may go way out to the upper Potomac later in winter to try and find them.

Comment

Working...
                X