17 hour Deep Drop Trip Dec 28th - Space Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 hour Deep Drop Trip Dec 28th - Space Available

You have now seen a report on the 12 hour Wreck fishing trip off of Ocean City for black sea bass, well that was the teaser. Jump onboard and register for the 17 hour Deep Drop trip out of Virginia Beach onboard the Rudee Angler. It leaves on Saturday morning, Dec 28th.

See pictures and the fishing reports from the link below:

http://www.rudeeinletcharters.com/fi...orts-the-blog/

The cost of the trip is $200.00. That includes rods, tackle and bait. This boat will be limited to only 30 Anglers, so we will have plenty of space. I have been on this trip before and they also have Satellite TV.

So far we have three or four Snaggedline members going.

Moc and Harmat
    Tufnik and HookieDJ (?)
    Chexone
    Shady

It is a great trip if you have not been on this one. Be prepared to fill your coolers to the brim! So hurry up and check your schedule and register before the trip fills up. If you plan on staying the night in VA Beach when you get back, the Best Western on the ocean with ocean front rooms go for $45 per night double occupancy. Nice hotel, and I think that price includes a breakfast.
    Last edited by moc; 11-26-2013, 09:50 AM.

Thanks for the info, Im seriously considering. But not sure I should make my first trip like this a 17 hour marathon.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I've got my spot reserved. Until then, I'll be working out my arms at the gym.
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
        Thanks for the info, Im seriously considering. But not sure I should make my first trip like this a 17 hour marathon.
        When I first did it, I was only one year out of a serious illness and still under treatment.....that did not stop me and I had a blast. The most important thing that I realized is to pace yourself. If you try to pull up every keeper fish as fast as your excitement will let you, then your arm will fall off....

Almost every fish is a keeper on average. You just have to make the decision as to whether to keep it or let it go in favor of a larger one.....

I have been twice and so far, every time my brother in law and myself got a citation fish of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
          I've got my spot reserved. Until then, I'll be working out my arms at the gym.
          Oh man Mike....you are a fishing machine....LOL. Harry already picked up some teasers for the line at Bass Pro Shop...

Comment

I've been on a couple of deep drops, and they are fun. If anyone needs motivation, see two of my past trips:

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...et-3-23-13-Sat

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...et-4-13-13-Sat
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

This sounds tempting. I may be able to go this trip. How much travel time would you say vs fishing time?
              2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

According to the site they go all year long. Is there something different biting in December? This looks like a fun trip. I can't swing this one, but eventually I'm going. Thanks for the ideas MOC.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                Alan

Comment

Oh man! I'd love to be apart of this. My only setback is that I don't know anyone going and I'm anti social. I have a hard time being around people I don't know. Errrr! Get over your fears and have a blast self. If any1 going cares to message me and answer a few questions ill hop on board. Thanks

Comment

Signed up! Can't wait!
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

The trip from what I can remember is 4 to 4.5 hours each way up to 72 miles into the Atlantic. That will leave you 8 hours of fishing plus moving around to different spots. Plenty of time to fill your coolers. Many people sleep the outgoing trip since it leaves early in the morning. Last time the captain turned on the Satellite TV to the playoff games on our afternoon trip back.

We normally go in December or early January for the Deep Drop since we have done pretty good at that time. Plus it was easy to tell "management" that we were going on this fishing trip since we would be home for Xmas and New Years with the family. Also, it is during the cold season that the jumbo black sea bass stacks up. You can get them year around at the wrecks when they are in season, but the big ones are during the cold weather time when the waters cool....kind of like big rockfish are prevalent in Dec.

Comment

You might have a taker here.
                        Tomorrow's going to be hectic so Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Kitkat
                        2015 Outback
                        2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

I'm interested. Anyone willing to share the drive from MD?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob K. View Post
                            I'm interested. Anyone willing to share the drive from MD?
                            It is a great trip. I am already going down with Harmat and staying at the Best Western in VA Beach Ocean front for $45. You may want to ping one of the others who are going and see if they are interested. Hurry before the boat fills up.

Comment

I should know tomorrow if I can go.

Comment

Working...
                              X