Competition for GoPro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competition for GoPro

We just got the first Garmin Virb in at the store. It looks nice. I just might have to give one of these a try. It looks as if there is significant more run time for the battery. It also has built in lens distortion correction. Some things to consider for next season.

http://sites.garmin.com/virb/
    Last edited by DOGFISH; 11-05-2013, 11:57 PM.

Looks promising but the thing that would worry me is it's only waterproof to 1m.

Edit: Though now I see there is a "dive case" for it that is pretty cheap so maybe that's not an issue.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

So how much better is it than a gopro if it is better at all. And if its that much better to be worth the price compared to a gopro if its not cheaper. Depending on reveiws and price i might consider getting one.
      Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
      -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
      -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Three hour battery life, lens distortion correction and steady shot, seem to be a major plus. I am still looking into the camera myself. Supposedly, it operates more like a camera, with ease of use. We'll have to see what the reviews say. It is new.

Comment

Working...
        X