Susquehanna 10/19/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna 10/19/13

My Brother and I set out early Saturday morning from Deer Creek on the Susquehanna looking for Smallmouth Bass.

I caught a 19'' to start, then a much smaller one, both on a crankbait. Later we saw some surface action, so my brother decided to throw a popper and caught a 19'' striper on the second cast. He then got an 18'', so I went to top water, but my two were only around 14''-16''. Overall a good day at the Sus.
    13.10.19Sus19inSmallmouth.jpg13.10.19SusSmallmouth.jpg13.10.19BobStriper.jpg13.10.19BobSusStriper.jpg13.10.19SusStripedBass.jpg13.10.19SusStriper.jpg

Wow-that's one heck of a smallie. Nice striper action too. Looks like a great day! Great time of year to be out there!

Comment

Did you guys float down to a another spot or put in take out the same place? How fast dfo yuou think the current is?
      PigPen - Mt Airy
      Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

We put in at Deer Creek, paddled up and floated back down. Water was low, current was a little quick, not sure what the release was like from the dam.

Comment

Looks like you had a good day. The smallmouth you caught are as big as the ones I'm catching upriver @ Harrisburg... except I'm not catching stripers too. Stripers make for double the fun.
          Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

I forgot to ask you guys... How clear was the water? Could you easily see the bottom pretty much anywhere you paddled?
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Not particularly clear. You could see a foot, maybe two.

Comment

Those are some nice looking fish. That first smallie is nice and fat. Looks like a good day of fishing to me.

Comment

Very nice! Susky has to be the only place around that you can get into Striper and Smallmouth of that size.
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice job! Pound for pound, I think the smallmouth put up a better fight. I am launching out of Lapidum this afternoon around 3pm...hoping I am just as successful, thanks for the report.
                    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

yea the smallie fight was really fun, lmk if you have any luck out of lapidum

Comment

Great smallie. I catch quite a few drinks. Have struggled lately to find quality.
                        Native Slayer 12
                        Native Ultimate

Comment

Launched out of lapidum this afternoon. Caught 6 smallies, all were dinks except for one measuring 19". Only managed one rockfish at 16" and it had the most ungodly sphincter of a sore. The worst I have seen, couldn't even bare a photograph. All were caught trolling a chartreuse crankbait, though other baits were in the water at all times.
                          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

ah nice smallmouth

Comment

Working...
                            X