• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Heading for CBBT Oct 19?

I am thinking heading for CBBT tomorrow. The weather looks OK

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

I'm heading down that way for the weekend...probably after traffic this evening. Weather does look pretty good. I think I'm going to try hrbt on the way for a little while. I might be up for CBBT tomorrow. I have fished a lot of spots in that area, but I've yet to try the CBBT from a kayak--only from a powerboat.

Comment

Ill be down there this weekend Joe.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Some things changed and I will be going to CBBT tomorrow morning.

What time are you getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
          Some things changed and I will be going to CBBT tomorrow morning.

What time are you getting there.
          07:00am at the Alexander. I am leaving home before 4:00am. I am pretty happy that a major deployment got cancelled at work and I have a backup on-call person this weekend first time this year. I am also interesting in catching stripers for my co-workers. I am planning to hit Rudee or LynnHaven (or HRBT) after CBBT. I am bringing buck tail and GULP for flounder. I went Lotte in Chantilly, bought a 4 LB of shrimp and 11 live blue crab. There are no more live crab left.

I was going to bring 5 crab and 2 LB of shrimp tomorrow just for me. I have more than enough for two anglers now. Let me know if you need blue crab or shrimp for bait before I eat 6 crab for dinner this evening

Joe

L
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Planning to go there too. Hoping the sheeps are still around. I may pick up some fiddlers.
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
              Planning to go there too. Hoping the sheeps are still around. I may pick up some fiddlers.
              All right! Reunion of three stooges!
              I talk with HokieDJ. I was planning to buy 4-5 dozens of fiddlers for Hokie and me if fiddlers are available. I will be at Ocean East at around 6:45am Sat. Give me a call when you stop by Ocean East. I will call you and HokieDJ when I get there regarding fiddlers.

KenY is coming. We will communicate in the morning for bait and etc...

joe
              Last edited by ComeOnFish; 10-18-2013, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Stooges? I thought it was the three mouseketeers...lol... You just may clean them out well before I get there. That's Ok, I can buy clams or frozen green crab. I already have shrimp and blue crab.

Winds will be moderate. Cloudy and rain. Just in case, I'm thinking back-up is HRBT, Rudee, Lynnhaven or Kipto.

Comment

Launch:
                  Street parking near Alexander's on the Bay (4536 Ocean View Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23455)

You can park next to Alexander's on the Bay and drop off the kayak. A cart is not necessary for that reason. But bring a cart. you may park far away from the launch when many kayakers show up

Bait
                  Fresh shrimp and blue Crab for tog (2/0 for shrimp 4/0 hooks for blue crab
                  Fiddler for Sheepis (2/0 hook)

Sinker 3-6oz

1.5-2oz jig for stripers

Flounder may be available

joe

Comment

You can also launch at the public beach access about 300 yds east of Alexander's. More parking there. Then there's more parking on the west side of the bridge with beach access there.

Comment

Oh, almost forgot. If you've never fished CBBT in a yak before, be warned. Forecasts have been wrong, and conditions can change fast. Rips can get strong, the wind can get bad, swells and chops can go 4+ feet. Many consider the 1st island the most productive, but it's 3 miles out and the the wx can change when you're out there. I've fish it dozens of time, and this place has scared the s__t out of me at times. Not saying to not go. I'm just saying know what you can expect and know your limitations. Now, go out there and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X