Striper Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striper Action

We figured out where kayak456 was fishing in his blurred out photos, so myself, mytmouse, and Redfish12 headed to the nearest launch and fished those same waters. Gotta go where the fish are!

Just kidding.

We hit up the eastern shore yesterday evening and fished into the night. Tide was running outbound all evening. We trolled and casted throughout the evening. Redfish had the hot hand, catching about six stripers ranging from 19"-25". I trolled up a nice 23" striper. When I troll, I put my rods in the holders attached to my seat. When theres a strike, there's no mistaking it. The fish feel liks its trying to rip the seat from under me.

We trolled a various assortment of swim baits. My fish came on a Mirr-O-Lure paddle tail soft bait (4") & 1/2 oz jig head. I also had a top water blow-up on a Mirr-O-Lure "top dog" surface lure. I fought the fish for about 5 second or so until it worked its way free.

This was also my first time really using my 386ci DI. Humminbird finally got off their asses and made the plastic thru-hull transducer for the scupper hole installation. Now I need to get a Navionics chip...
    Last edited by MetroMan; 10-17-2013, 11:58 AM.
    <insert witty comment here>

Nice job, I love top dogs but at a flea market I found some bomber topwater a that are exactly like the top dog, and they were only 1$ , however the hooks sucked so I changed them out and they work great

Also try the popa dog, works a lot better

Comment

Here goes a pic of a nice one that I caught. I had to edit it to save the integrity of the spot. Can't have everyone on these numbers!

Rat L traps is what did it for me. Not nearly as successful as Redfish, but I have some techniques I'm gonna try out next time. It was a blast out there as always.

Comment

Nice going guys!
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Fall is picking up! I think that NE'ster got things going. There was a lot of bait out there on the channel edges yesterday and I think the fish are starting to feed on the larger 5"-7" menhaden/shad which is always more fun. Most of my fish came on either a 6" bass assassin sea shad (the bigger brother to the one we all use for specs and stripers) or a rattle trap. I definitely had a blast out there guys! Sorry about the bad luck MyT and I'll try to look those bearings up today.
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

thanks - i recognize that place! i hit the same spot one night last week,... but <just dinks> bigger fish. and more of them,...
            congrats on finding the fish!
            Last edited by Southerly; 10-17-2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

nice pic...thanks for the report

samwhichhhhhhhhhhhhhh
              Hobie Revolution 13
              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

NOW THATS FUNNY Mytymouse!LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
                  Nice job, I love top dogs but at a flea market I found some bomber topwater a that are exactly like the top dog, and they were only 1$ , however the hooks sucked so I changed them out and they work great

Also try the popa dog, works a lot better
                  I've got a couple but haven't had any luck. Maybe I'm not doing it right? I'll try again this weekend.
                  LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                  Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Nice job. looks like it picking up all over the place.
                    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
                      here goes a pic of a nice one that i caught. I had to edit it to save the integrity of the spot. Can't have everyone on these numbers!

rat l traps is what did it for me. Not nearly as successful as redfish, but i have some techniques i'm gonna try out next time. It was a blast out there as always.
                      lol,,,,
                      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Keys for size reference...

photo (37).jpg
                        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I dont have any problem showing my most productive places for fish. In fact here I am at 2 of my favs.....clearly NOT photoshopped. Ony the real stuff!
                          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Very cool, thanks for the report. I've been finding some fish in eastern bay shallows recently but they're a little reluctant to hit topwater. Casting swim shads and jerkbaits has been producing fish up to 25".

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                              Keys for size reference...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9576[/ATTACH]
                              Fatties! Nice. What was in their stomachs?

Comment

Working...
                              X