No announcement yet.

RED HOT topwater bite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't go to Thomas point, enough fish in the river so it's not really worth the long paddle. And yes topwater normally only works morn and evening

Comment

Matt I hit 6 in 30 min 2 weeks ago with my dad n friend. Smallest was 19.5 off a boat marina by Thomas point
      Zach Moore
      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
      Bait Towel Pro Staff
      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Yeah you're right- I went out today to my secret spot number 6 and caught a 25 inch redfish, a 19 1/2 inch striper and an 18 inch striper- the redfish is in the broiler right now- I'll post pictures after I download from the camera later tonight...here is the picture of today's catch-

Last edited by ronaultmtd; 10-16-2013, 09:35 PM.
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I agree, fish have fins and tails. The schools of stripers move. In the last few days there have been schools of fish that are difficult to keep up with. They are running and gunning the schools a menhaden. There are still fish at Thomas Point.

Comment

Andrew, do you always use a leader when fishing top water? Isn't 30# kind of stiff? What sort of effect does it have on the lure? Ive been fishing straight braid for awhile now and still do ok. Just wondering if you've noticed a difference?
            LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
            Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

No, it's not to stuff at all , I use a quick clip to attach the lure. Also try the breakaway clip from tactical anglers. It gives if more action

Also I only use suffix leader, never just use 30 mono for lures as it is to coily
              The suffix is extremely limp and soft and had no memory

Ps, don't tied lures directly to your line, especially with light mono

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
                Andrew, do you always use a leader when fishing top water? Isn't 30# kind of stiff? What sort of effect does it have on the lure? Ive been fishing straight braid for awhile now and still do ok. Just wondering if you've noticed a difference?
                Stiff leader can help prevent slack line looping around front hook. when soft braid does that in failing light It take me forever to get it untangled.....50y/o eyes makes it even tougher.

KF
                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Just got 4 keepers mouth of magothy. Biggest was 29. Didn't keep any
                  Zach Moore
                  Bait Towel Pro Staff
                  2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

On top?

Comment

Yep
                      Zach Moore
                      Bait Towel Pro Staff
                      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                      X