Productive morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productive morning!

Went out trolling this morning from Back Creek around 6:30am. It wasnt to long before I hooked into a striper on my paddle out around the mouth of the creek. Landed my second not to far from there. On my way back into Back Creek I hooked 2 more, 1 of which I lost at the side of the kayak. I learned one thing today and thats to never paddle without something in the water. I almost reeled everything in to make the paddle back and that would have cost me 2 fish. Also realized I really need to get a measuring board so I can get an exact measurement. Last but not least a big thanks to J.A. Veil for the great tips and info that helped me land these fish.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dtandrade; 10-15-2013, 12:41 PM.

I'm glad to hear that you had success this morning. What type of lures did the fish hit?
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

All hit on jig heads with 4" chartreuse Berkley Gulp swimming mullet

Comment

Nice! Do you use a spinner attached to the jighead?
        2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
        Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Nitefly I did not have a spinner attached. Just the jighead and mullet.

Comment

What weight jighead? 1/2 ounce? 1 ounce? and how deep were your trolling?

Comment

Oh yeah, Spa Creek is a real sleeper. Don't ignore the rip rap, at the Naval Academy seawall.

Comment

Moc I used 1/2oz jighead. Honestly I have no clue what depths the lures were actually running but I was in 10ft of water for 3 of the stripers and 5 ft for the other. I havent really been able to calculate the depth they are running. I just eyeball it behind the yak. If anyone can give any input on finding out the depth lures are running I would appreciate the help. I know there are all kinds of equations and line counters out there.

Comment

What A BEAUTIFUL DAY !!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your success ! Any day as beautiful as this one was
                  a success on the water ! I particularly like the picture of being in the creek
                  and the sailboats with the fish. Backcreek is a wonderful place. With all the sail boats
                  it gives great harmony to be on the water.
                  Last edited by rob-kayak; 10-23-2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X