No announcement yet.

I think I have Gone over the deep end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock out, backwards cap bra! Or be even more awesome, golf visor backwards and upside down.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Hard hat, with a rubber lined conduit strap. Of course, you may have to fight a construction worker for the hat. ....or a bike helmet. That would look spiffy.

An indiana jones type stetson, with the camera in the eave of the top of the hat.

Surgically implant a canvas top snap into you skull...sorry it is winter you know.

Comment

I love all the ideas.

Maybe one of those beer holder hats. I can have the camera mount on one side and a cold beverage on the other. I would be awesome then.

Comment

Originally posted by the_kegs View Post
          Now the question is... Is the camera angle so wide that the bill of the hat will become a permanent fixture in your shots?
          That's the test. If it does then the Hat goes backwards and i stay cool.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post

Surgically implant a canvas top snap into you skull...sorry it is winter you know.
            http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...d-wafaa-bilal/
            Digital Livewell

Comment

Originally posted by mmanolis2001 View Post
              I love all the ideas.

Maybe one of those beer holder hats. I can have the camera mount on one side and a cold beverage on the other. I would be awesome then.

That it, the beer holder hat gets my vote. The one with the flexible tubing for drinking. Oh, yeah! Now we've all lost it.

Comment

ouch that looks painful

Hell it looks like a ram mount base. He could put a rod holder back there to troll.
                Last edited by mmanolis2001; 02-10-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks kegs, there it is head cam. The ultimate kayaking video camera.

Things can get out of hand, from jockstrap to surgical implants. Just leave it to fisherman in the winter.
                  Attached Files

Comment

you can use a blue tooth ear phone and some super glue then you can be hands free with the phone and if the POV is remote controlled well there you go. keep the jock strap where its supposed to be.

Comment

what kind of POV camera is that? you like it?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
                        Forget the implant, just zap screw the mount to your head.
                        Actually the hard hat idea might be OK but just the head liner from one. You can adjust the size to fit and it has a sweat band around your forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                          what kind of POV camera is that? you like it?
                          Its a contour HD 1080P cam. Its got a nice wide angle lens and the image quality looks fine when i tested it indoors at 720P. It does not handle low lighting (basement test videos) well though but that should not be a problem out on the water. It has a rotating lens with two laser's for leveling and can be mounted at any angle. It is only water resistant and needs the watertight housing which is of course sold separately.

Even with the housing it is still a small lite package.

The sound is non existent while in the housing but it should being water tight. That's fine with me because i usually just cuss and talk to my self while fishing. Not very exciting stuff to hear.

They are coming out with a new version that has a built in GPS, separate LCD screen and a remote that you can wear on your wrist. I think my brother in law is picking one up to use on his motorcycle.

I think the video on my play sport looks better but its not a pov cam and i think i will use that for wider shots to mix in with the POV cam. I just need to find fish to take video of this year to justify the expense of two cameras.
                          Last edited by mmanolis2001; 02-10-2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

You have to turn it on before you put it in the waterproof housing or is there a remote or something?
                            Digital Livewell

Comment

The housing has a sealed button to turn on the cam and a sealed slide switch to rec. Once the cam is in the housing there is no need to remove other than changing the mem chip or battery.

Comment

That's a pretty awesome little camera package. I'm looking forward to your videos!

I think if I had one I would have to change the way I fish... I mostly curse, hum random verses of songs I can't remember, or talk to myself. Might be the wrong kind of entertaining. Something about several hours of paddling in the heat with no fish can make one sound crazy...
                                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X