No announcement yet.

CHSP Saturday 10/05/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good meeting you out there as well, Meadeo. I didn't do as well as you did. I only got a bunch of these shorts...

1383754_10151666858537076_1927998339_n.jpg

A bunch of these humongous things...

1379665_10151666858757076_2133611062_n.jpg

And did mange a keeper Weakfish.....which this site won't allow the pic to be linked to cause file size is too large...

But anyways, water temp is a touch high.....I will be back in a couple of weeks.
    Young Apprentice

2015 Outback Papaya
    WS Ride 115 Mango
    WS Tarpon 100

Comment

^ wow...first time i've ever heard of a weakfish being caught at CHSP. How big was it?
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

It was only 16".....a little one.

A buddy who fishes the pier on a regular basis says there are Weakfish all over the pier but where the pier fishermen can't get to them.

Young Apprentice

2015 Outback Papaya
        WS Ride 115 Mango
        WS Tarpon 100

Comment

Originally posted by Meadeo View Post
          Wanted to throw up a quick picture and report from Saturday..

Was nice meeting (Steve) Fish and Kenny. I know a met a few others from the forums also. Lots of kayakers out there Saturday.

Had a pretty good day with a legal tog at 16" and two legal flounder 17.5" and 19"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9409[/ATTACH]

Enjoy,

Meadeo
          All right! New truck and new tog.

Catching will improve every day for next 4 -5 week. What was the bait and hook size for the tog?

Joe
          Last edited by ComeOnFish; 10-07-2013, 08:37 PM.
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

joe you up for oc or chsp this weekend?
            Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
              joe you up for oc or chsp this weekend?
              Sunday only - 90% sure
              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Originally posted by KenY View Post
                It was only 16".....a little one.

A buddy who fishes the pier on a regular basis says there are Weakfish all over the pier but where the pier fishermen can't get to them.

Love weakfish. Good catch man!

Meadeo
                2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

GOPR0024.jpg

I managed 2 tog on this same day (just a late post). One 17" and the other a 16.5". I also caught a 2.5 foot Eel. Thought it was a huge tog. Didn't realize how strong eels were. Haha.

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                  All right! New truck and new tog.

Catching will improve every day for next 4 -5 week. What was the bait and hook size for the tog?

Joe
                  I caught the tog on both size 1 hooks and 2/0 hooks. I used sand crabs, blue crabs and shrimp (head on). Shrimp was by far the hottest bait I was using.
                  The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by dson05 View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9441[/ATTACH]

I managed 2 tog on this same day (just a late post). One 17" and the other a 16.5". I also caught a 2.5 foot Eel. Thought it was a huge tog. Didn't realize how strong eels were. Haha.

I caught the tog on both size 1 hooks and 2/0 hooks. I used sand crabs, blue crabs and shrimp (head on). Shrimp was by far the hottest bait I was using.
                    Thanks for the Info about the hook size and bait. You are confirming what I and some of us are believing - smaller hooks and shrimp. Definitely Shrimp worked for me over 2 years for tog, and triggerfish this summer. Because shrimp don't give the second chance, I use tandem hooks. Since triggerfish are gone, I will start with 1/0 hooks and shrimp.

Joe

Comment

Joe, I was there last week caught 7 trigger, one tog and about twenty something croakers.

Comment

Originally posted by KG703 View Post
                        Joe, I was there last week caught 7 trigger, one tog and about twenty something croakers.
                        KG is being modest they were BIG triggers.. Biggest i seen all season..

Meadeo
                        2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Originally posted by Meadeo View Post
                          KG is being modest they were BIG triggers.. Biggest i seen all season..

Meadeo
                          So Triggers were still out there. I think 16-17 inchers were there past 4 weeks. I am starting with #1 hook not #1/0 on this coming Sunday

Thanks for the info

Joe

Comment

Working...
                          X