09-30-13 Bay Bridge SPSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09-30-13 Bay Bridge SPSP

I launched early Monday morning from SPSP. Caught Spot on the way out. They are still there. I had no luck live lining though and Im guessing it was because the current was slowing down and I fished into slack tide. It made for a comfortable day in the kayak, but not much in the way of fishing! I did see my first surface blitz. I caught several small schoolies out of that and my first bluefish. I also took my first trip with a POV camera. I made plenty of rookie mistakes like not rotating the lens for the proper aspect ratio, and I lost video when I changed batteries. I've got some kinks to work out using the camera. I also had some additional mounting equipment show up when I got home from the trip. Hopefully, better videos in the future which will include fish being caught!

My tally on the day was 5 or so small stripers, one small bluefish, one small white perch and the Spot. Still no keeper Striper though.

2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
    Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Thanks for the vid..

Comment

you ll get them next time

Comment

nice! i hope i can get out there again this year. hopefully at least one more time in regular clothes.

if you don't mind - what kind of camera are you using?

Comment

@southerly, the camera is a Drift Innovation 720p. They have a newer version out called the Ghost which has better features, but the old version is available cheap. I plan on getting the new one and keeping two cameras mounted if I start getting video worthy trips. The Homeport report I put up makes better use of the camera. Thanks!
          2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
          Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

thanks - I've been comparing drift ghost hd, vios pov (still sold, but out of business?) and gopro h3 black.

Comment

Working...
            X