Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before & After Photos: Homeport Farm Park on the South River/Annapolis ready to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before & After Photos: Homeport Farm Park on the South River/Annapolis ready to use

Hello all,

Homeport Farm Park is ready to use as a kayak launch. It's on the north shore of the South River at Annapolis, MD. I predict there will be a formal new park ribbon cutting as soon as the county installs the park signs. Launching is free. You do not need a permit and you can launch from the park now.

Homeport Farm Park website: http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/par...m#.Uklx1T_DDVI

There's an old barn next to the gravel farm lane in the directions. The barn is so covered with vines it's hard to tell it's a barn. Wheels are handy because it's about a quarter of mile down a medium hill to the water. It's about 1/3 the carry at Quiet Waters Park and on a milder hill. You put in on Church Creek, which is two creeks east/downstream/bayside of the Route 2 bridge over the South River. My landmark at the mouth of Church Creek is a noble McMansion I call "Little Europe".

Here are before and after photos of the park:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=2ebb3eb948

Where there's water there might be fish.

Lisa

Wow, this is great!!

Thanks a bunch!!
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Very cool.

Thank you,

Meadeo
      2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Thanks I pulled it up and mark it for a place to go.
        Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
        Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

You're welcome. I added two more photos to show that you have to follow a grass track to the parking lot. Go to the end of the gravel 2-rut farm lane, take a right onto the faint grass track, go past the rundown building on your left and over the little hill to the parking lot. The put-in path starts at the treeline to the right of the parking lot.

This summer we were breaking trail by driving over the unmown field. We called it the "soft opening of Homeport Farm Park".

Lisa
          Last edited by Lisa; 10-02-2013, 10:47 AM. Reason: corrected direction

Comment

Awesome!
            2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
            Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

I launched there this past Saturday. I took video of the path down to the water for those interested in seeing that before heading there. The trip report is in the Boatyard. What a great new launch! Thank you so much for informing us and any work you did for this!
              2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
              Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Thanks Lisa. Launck splits on the South river are pitiful

Comment

You're welcome, again.

Want to hear about Shadyside Park? Puts you right in Parish Creek on the West River.

Lisa

Comment

Yes Lisa...Thank you! Three of us used the launch last week for the first time. Nice and protected at the launch point and puts you right on fish at the mouth of church creek. Keep up the good work, it's much appreciated on this site.
                    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

image.jpg

Does anyone have any updated info into this spot? I am loading up the kayak to go take a peek. But if it closed off I would rather not take the journey.

Comment

The waters are scary, dark and deep, you must catch fish before you sleep. I'd load up your kayak and go for it.
                        Mike
                        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Take a look at http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...light=homeport. Several other Snaggedline members have used the launch recently.
                          John Veil
                          Annapolis
                          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Used this launch a week ago. Fairly easy walk down to water and back. The creek reminds me a lot of Weems Creek. Hope to get back and explore some more.
                            John Rentch
                            Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                            Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

It is maybe the closest launch to my house, but I have only been there once. The hill is pretty steep in my mind, but I may have done it with the awful makeshift cart (a small, poorly build handtruck strapped to the rear of the yak) I used when I had first bought a yak. I will try it next week with a proper cart.
                              Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
                              Lime Slayer 10

Comment

Working...
                              X