Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapter Restart

All,

The HOW MD leadership team wanted to let everyone know what is going on with the chapter. We are currently under a chapter "restart" with a new leadership team. I wanted to reach out to those who have helped out before with events, kayaks, contacts, etc and let everyone know that we are still looking for that type of support going into the next year. We are currently planning event/outings for 2014 and will be looking for volunteers/fishing guides to help us out and do what we do best, get vets out on the water to heal. I know dates are important to know for offering help, so bear with us, but if I could ask for people who are interested to please send us an email with the following, we are trying to compile a good list so we can organize things as easy as possible to find people when events come up. Also, please go out and "like" us on our Facebook page so you can see whats happening. https://www.facebook.com/HeroesOnThe...arylandChapter

Email to Maryland@heroesonthewater.org
    Name
    Phone
    Volunteer/Guide/Wounded Vet
    What you could help us out with, i.e. - borrow extra kayaks, fishing gear, etc.
    Heroes On The Water, Maryland Chapter
    maryland@heroesonthewater.org
    www.heroesonthewater.org
    FREEDOM CAPTURED.

I would like to introduce the new coordinators of the Maryland Chapter of Heroes on the Water. In case you did not know, Tom, the original voice behind the Heroes on the Water-Maryland Chapter is still a vital member of the chapter and will continue to volunteer at events when he can as he truly believes that Heroes on the Water is an important avenue of healing for the wounded warrior. Tom will still be very active in this group, so please don't think Tom is gone.

My name is Keith, I am one of the co-coordinators and I have met some of you out at the meet and greets. Although I do not get out on the water near as much as what most of you do, I still love to kayak fish, but more importantly I believe in this program and the help it provides. I work directly with a lot of Military folks supporting the Army, and to me this is my way of paying back those who give us freedom by taking them out kayak fishing. I would also like to introduce my co-coordinator, Jim "Coop" Cooper. Coop is a retired Army Chief Warrant Officer and is currently supporting the Army as a civilian. Together we are trying to spearhead this effort and promote this chapter to facilitate the recreational healing the Wounded Warriors deserve so much. I encourage all of you who are interested to please reach out to us and let us know how you can help. Whether it is volunteering at an event, or helping as a local company through donating equipment or food, we are looking for it all at this point.
    Thanks,
    Keith & Coop
    Keith
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

If I could piggy back on this thread...The new leadership met last week for the first time via a face to face meeting...prior to this we only had the opportunity to meet via internet "meeting" sites, which were successful but it was good to see everyone in person. We discussed the upcoming 2014 Event Season, including but not limited to; where we would like to hold our fishing events (public access spots, salt vs. fresh water events, private ponds, State Parks) but also fund raising efforts & where we could get out & set up booths to get our name out & raise funds to help us get our vets on the water.

It looks like March 1st, 2014 at the Lake Shore Volunteer Fire Company at 4498 Mountain Rd., Pasadena, Maryland 21122 will be holding the 3rd Annual Fishing Flea Market benefitting Heroes on the Water - Maryland Chapter and Pasadena Sport Fishing Group. More info on this is available on our Facebook page so please be sure to "like" us to keep up with the updates & get a table if you have stuff you would like to sell.

If there are any tradesman in this forum who are welders or possibly mechanics we have some kayak trailers that may need some minor work. It would be a good way to give back to our vets if you could volunteer a few hours to look at our needs. Also, if you have any input on good places to take our vets & hold our events please don't be shy...speak up and make suggestions, our schedule isn't set yet.

Thanks for looking, reading & replying.

Wayne Aubertin (wfauby) Secretary
      Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

E mail sent.
        http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
        484-459-9863
        If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
        *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Working...
        X