Bb 9/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bb 9/25

Fished the Bay Bridge for a few hours after work today. Weather was good and bay was calm but fishing was relatively slow. It was a weird night..... I livelined the pilons on the eastern side but the striper just teased the spot and would not eat them. I had a few nice hits and felt the spot going bazerk but the stripers would not swallow or run with them. Finally, right at dusk I got a nice strike, set the hook and ended up with 33-34 inch striper. Spot are still around in nice quantities, but should be heading out soon as water temps are beginning to drop.

Picture kinda sucks, I had to use my cell phone since I forgot my camera at home.

photo.jpg
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Thanks for the report, nice fish! I fished eastern bay this afternoon and it was slow as well. Flat calm, nice tides, but only a few small rock and blues. Hopefully once the water drops another 5 degrees or so the fish will start feeling the urge to fatten up.

Comment

I had the same experience from the spsp side, except just as the sun dipped below the horizon I got a huge hit on my swimbait, fought it for 20secs, then lost it as the fish got wrapped around something and my line snapped. I did catch the usual spot, wp, sm rock and even a sm croaker. The bay was the calmest I've fished under the bridge for me this yr. on mon eve all I caught was big wp & spot... Skunked on the striper then. You landed a v nice fish...well done! 3 others launched just after me & were still out there@9pm when I returned to the ramp. Maybe they'll chime in as to how they did? It was good chatting w/ you guys.

Comment

Nice fish Mike! That's one of the biggest LL fish I've seen from the BB this year. That always makes a great end to the night!
        Shane
        Hobie Outback

Comment

I'd take a slow night with that fish as the reward! Nice!
          2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
          Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Big fish! Nice going Mike. Yep, biggest one I've heard of LLing at the bridge this year.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by Nitefly View Post
              I'd take a slow night with that fish as the reward! Nice!
              +1
              Mike

Comment

Nice catch.

Outback 2015
                Maui

Comment

Working...
                X