No announcement yet.

October Meet and Greet, South River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted DIRECTIONS on the first page of the thread.

Comment

I'm in! My first official meet and greet. While I've caught several Stripers this year up to 17.5", still no keeper yet. I hope we can fix that!
      2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
      Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

I can't make it, its the first day of DUCK SEASON, you better keep your heads down if you see any decoys in the water near boats or blinds.
        "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

The launch is marked by the red X, in the upper left hand corner of the chart. The green circle in the river has been pretty good this year. However, the better area, weather permitting, is in the green circled area with the X. That is on the north side of Thomas Point. This may help some with their plans. The area with the X, would be a long paddle. I generally troll may way out to that area. The fishing in that area has been very good this year.

meet and greet map.jpg

Comment

Hobie allowed me to plastic weld my yak so I can use it until my new one is delivered. Providing it holds water tomorrow, I will be there for fishing and lunch. Fingers crossed.

ps. I have a plastic welder if anyone should need to borrow one. It was easy to use and seemed to do a very good job.

Comment

Hoping to make this one havent fished this area from my kayak yet.
              D Hawk
              Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
              Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

I just got confirmation of the day off see you there. Hopefully my son will make this one.
                Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm having to back out of the meet and greet...son's got a soccer tournament that weekend. Bummer, I was looking forward to this one.
                  2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

going to try and make it. Hopefully the job will cooperate. Are trailers welcomed there??
                    2015 Outback
                    2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Yes, I use one all the time. Of course, depending on the trailer, you may have to lift the kayak to launch it. If you have a lite trailer, you can use it as a dolly.

Comment

Count me in as well. I hope to leave and travel up to Raystown, PA afterwards should the weather hold out. I've never fished the Bay tributaries yet, so I'm not sure my MF rod with 10lb test is enough. I have a much bigger rod but I haven't used it in a long time.
                        Plans changed so please count me in for lunch.
                        Last edited by PigPen; 10-06-2013, 10:04 PM.
                        PigPen - Mt Airy
                        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

So far, the long range weather forecast looks good. ENE wind is ok, and is only forecast to be at 10mph, which is actually a little higher than what it will actually be moving.
                          Last edited by DOGFISH; 10-04-2013, 04:44 AM.

Comment

I'm interested in joining you guys, any tips on what lure or bait to bring.Thanks

Comment

Mr T... BKDs and bass assassins in chartruese and white or Gulp alive should do. maybe some spot if you liveline.
                              Tom Brown
                              Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                              2012 Hobie PA 14'
                              Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                              2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Thanks man for the important info

Comment

Working...
                                X