No announcement yet.

October Meet and Greet, South River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry guys could not make it today at M&G,problem at the house car garage,could not fox the thing last night,be there next time, Imglad you had a good time

Comment

Had fun it sticks I had to roll out early really wasn't that bad lots of wind but only about 1' chop at times. I hope the bite picked up with the tide. Only got a few pics but it was nice meeting you new guys see you out there. Was it Chris from Pasadena send me a pm we can hook up. DSCN0165.jpg DSCN0166.jpg DSCN0168.jpg
      Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
      Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I did not make it on the water, but I made it to the lunch at 2pm. There were 9 kayakers at the lunch, with two of them new to Maryland Kayak Fishing. I ordered the wings that were great. I enjoyed living thru everyone's story of the morning. I believe Dogfish caught 3 keeper rocks and I heard Sparky caught two keepers. Most of the anglers caught rocks below 18 inches. I took some picks of the ramp so you guys can see what it was like, the next time that there is a M&G there.
        Attached Files

Comment

Even though I struggled with catching fish today, I had a great time. Within 15 minutes of starting to fish, I caught a small bluefish. I thought it was a good sign. That was the last fish I caught until near the end of the day. I worked the deep water edges most of the day. I then decided to go into the shallow flats on the way back to the launch. Within a 50 yard distance, I caught 3 keeper size rockfish, in 3.5 to 4.5 foot of water. They were just keeper size, but it ended my day on a positive note. In the future, I will not forget to work the shallows. I caught the rockfish on a large Rooster Tail and a Sebile Magic Swimmer.

I also enjoyed the company at lunch and hearing the tales of the day.

10-12 (3).jpg

Comment

Oh man, I should've made the lunch afterward but needed to take the truck back home and offloaded for some more errands. My outing was just getting used to mangaging and optimizing the yak for fishing, understanding my limitations with the mirage drive, and loading and unloading the boat "almost" by myself. It was great to meet many of you and look at your rigs for some ideas. I realized Yak fishing is much different and challenging than on a power boat; much more attention to winds, tides, and current and weather is needed so that one isn't carried away further out than they can paddle/peddle back. Although I managed to stay out of trouble, it was great to be around you all and even though it was a trial run on the Outback, I used some night crawlers out of desperation and ended up with catching a 6" white perch in the shallows, nothing worth changing my avatar over-lol. Looking forward toward the next outing with you all.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
              I did not make it on the water, but I made it to the lunch at 2pm. There were 9 kayakers at the lunch, with two of them new to Maryland Kayak Fishing. I ordered the wings that were great. I enjoyed living thru everyone's story of the morning. I believe Dogfish caught 3 keeper rocks and I heard Sparky caught two keepers. Most of the anglers caught rocks below 18 inches. I took some picks of the ramp so you guys can see what it was like, the next time that there is a M&G there.
              Woah! Surfdog made an appearance??? Glad to see you haven't abandoned us completely =)
              Sun Fishin'

Comment

This was my first meet and greet. Is the normal protocol to post in the M&G thread? I put together a video and blog post for it.

I caught about 10 small Stripers and a couple perch, but still no keepers. A more detailed blog post here:
                http://cymbulapiscator.blogspot.com/...hillsmere.html
                2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
                Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Working...
                X